KR wiring connections to CE1 fusebox

Discussion in '16-valve' started by hysteric, Jan 5, 2012.

1. hysteric Forum Member

Thanks James - will check the earth.

I think its either a fuse or switch issue.... it really gets frustrating when things are so close to getting there....... but not quite there!

2. hysteric Forum Member

Actually was just me being an idiot - I had not connected the 12v live connection to the fuseboard so the switches were not getting the ignition live .... [8(]

3. jamesa Forum Junkie

At `H` ?

4. hysteric Forum Member

No, I had the H connection from the battery, it was the chunky wire taking 12V to the ignition circuit.

5. jamesa Forum Junkie

.... from `H`to the ignition switch, no ?

6. hysteric Forum Member

ah yes dude, sorry - misunderstood what you previously said....

funny thing is....i rebuilt the wiring.... carried out continuity testing on all of the wires, then tested it in-situ....all working happy days... then installed the wiring, running it from the fuseboard, through the wheel arch, and along the front the engine bay.....switched it all on and.....

left indicator wont work and right twin filament is duff.......... i know its a simple issue to resolve, but i just couldnt face it today... why does this always happen!!! [:x][:x]