KR without ISV

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by milesmk2, Sep 13, 2011.

1. milesmk2 Forum Member

Gotta get her running first haha

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

3. milesmk2 Forum Member

Got the new dizzy, just turns and turns still. After its been turning you can hear a hiss from the front of the engine which slowely goes. All the gaskets are there and ok, I was thinking it could be the injector seals?

4. rubjonny

wouldnt stop it from firing, might be worth having the injectors out to test them.

pull all 4 injectors and put them in 4 containers of equal size. bridge the fuel pump relay so its constantly running, then lift the metering head flap up manually as far as it will go, then allow it to go back down to the stop. check the spray pattern on each injector, and also measure the volume of fuel injected is same on all 4. next disconnect fuel pump bridge wire and wipe all 4 tips, watch the ends and they shouldnt drip for 5 minutes.

If any injector has a problem, swap it with one of the others and repeat the test. If the problem moves, its the injector. if not, its the metering head. Best to replace them as a set, you can get nice brass merc injectors from ebay for reasonable money

non of the injectors should spray any fuel unless the flap is moved upwards a bit. if they do the metering head is toast or the flap needs to be adjusted a bit

5. milesmk2 Forum Member

Yep done all that just now and each injector was working fine. It was very easy to pull the injectors out so I've got some new seals from VW to put in there.

6. rubjonny

ok cool, hopefully that'll sort it for you! give it a going over though make sure there arnt any other air leaks. next i would check the 5th injector if new seals dont get it going

7. milesmk2 Forum Member

The 5th injector has got power too it and if you crack the bolt off after its been turning then it sprays fuel at you [:p]

8. rubjonny

it will do that regardless of if it has power ;)
    you want to check it sprays out the tip :p

9. milesmk2 Forum Member

Twas the metering head. Thank you for the help! [:D]

10. rubjonny

11. milesmk2 Forum Member

I switched it off cos it was getting really hot now it won't start again :(

12. milesmk2 Forum Member

Well i got her running a bit better now. Timing is set to 8 degrees cos it still seemed a little off at 6 degrees. As for the CO ive got it set to 2% on my bumsun analyzer which i believe lies like a cheap japanese watch.
    Off to see the MoT man tomorrow to have it set properly on his.

13. milesmk2 Forum Member

Well it starts better cold now, still hunts abit, either running too lean or too rich I suspect. More likey too lean I think.

14. NicD Forum Member

Miles, I took mine too vince Moseley in llandeilo, the guy seriously knows his **** setting up k jet. Even with his rolling road broken he set up the fuelling and timing on mine, it now starts first turn of the key, hot or cold.

I still have wiring issues and idle issues but I've got a loom coming from John which will sort that out then it'll be back down too him for a rolling road tune.

15. milesmk2 Forum Member

Llandeilo is a long long way from me unfortunately. Have you got any contact details for the man?