Laserline 996 problem

Discussion in 'Security' started by OEMdubs, Aug 28, 2012.

1. OEMdubs New Member

Ok so thought I'd post up quickly to see if anyone had any experience with these alarm systems before I go rooting about.
    Problem, I purchased the car not long back and the alarm and immobiliser all worked fine, then I changed the stereo! Now the alarm will not set. When I press the arm button on the fob I get 4 beeps then after about 30 seconds the alarm triggers.
    It could just be coincidental but, would the original stereo be wired up to the alarm?
    Incidentally, I can now just lock the car with the key and the alarm doesn't automatically set as it should (or as I was told it would)
    Any ideas would be much appreciated before I rip the bloody thing out at the weekend

2. bigbenbird Forum Member

When you wired the new stereo in did you do it with an IGN switch live........?

If not may be the new unit has a greater current draw and triggering the current usage/battery drain function on the alarm......

Ben

3. OEMdubs New Member

Spot on bud! Cheers, seems to have done the trick! To be honest the second you mentioned ignition live I remembered having to switch the live feed on the harness for my last car! Thanks again, although I do still hate these crappy alarms!