Laserline question

Discussion in 'Security' started by macetheace, Feb 20, 2010.

1. macetheace Forum Member

Hi guys, just helping a friend of mine on with her mk2 golf 16v.
    Shes got a laserline fitted (not sure if its factory or aftermarket) pretty sure its the 996 alarm.

Basically the alarm fob isnt doing anything. The green led is lighting up when you press a button and ive changed the battery in it. Opened it up and it all looks fine in there.

Ive tried resetting the alarm fob to the car and the led does go dim but it still doesnt do anything. Can the receiver pack up on them, is it an easy fix?

Her central locking is working fine when you use the key in the door.
    And the alarm is working fine but you can only alarm and un-arm using the little key thing you touch onto the led thing on the dash.

You can hear the beeps from the alarm when arming and un-arming but the indicators dont flash ?

Also noticed a black wire coming from the alarm siren unit under the bonnet with a female spade connector un attached to anything ?? Is this just an earth or something?

Many thanks for any help guys:thumbup:

2. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

My wife has a Laserline on her Corrado, and I think it may be the same model. And it had exactly the same fault as you describe. Would not work off the fob, but would still work using the little key.

We called the chap out who fitted it and he ended up replacing the unit.

3. macetheace Forum Member

Ahh right cheers for the reply, just wondering if there was a quick fix someone knew.
    When I un-arm it manually I can hear something in the drivers door try and move but it doesnt do anything. Surely if the CL was working off the alarm then everytime I manually arm / un-arm it with the dash key then doors would lock.
    Has someone disabled this function you reckon?

Just found what the black wire was for. It was attached to the remains of the bonnet sensor.

Shall I just earth it or leave it un connected to anyting?