Lc-1 quick info needed,Stuck!

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by emery1990, Nov 19, 2010.

1. emery1990 Forum Member

Right I don't understand the wiring of the led and switch onto the calibration wire. It says connect between the black wire (calibration) and ground.? Does the switch go on the end of the black wire then the led , then take both the grounds for them to ground, is that what it means?

Im guessing I dont use the analog wires, as im saving datalogs onto my pc? Or do I need one to save datalogs, if so where do I put that.

2. mark25 Forum Junkie

The cal wire goes to the LED and switch. The other sides of the switch and LED both goto ground.

You don't need the analogue outputs to log. But you do need one for the narrow-band simulate output.

3. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

When you Calibrate it in Fresh Air let me know what voltage it is putting out.

Should be 5v @ 22.8 AFR

4. emery1990 Forum Member

Cheers, thought it was like that. Been halted till tomorow anyway, got the wrong size spade bits for my relay :thumbd: But ill let you know

5. mark25 Forum Junkie

That depends on what that particular output in the Analog out 1/2 section is programmed to give. There is no need to look at the analogue outputs for the free-air test.

6. Brookster

the question was nothing to do with that, the issue is is it not putting out 5v at free air it won't read correctly.

mine on put out 4.88v free air , so mine is 1AFR difference lower than it should be (Dodgy Lambda)

7. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Maybe your analogs are not set up correctly. It should be 0.5 - 1.5 lambda at 0-5v respectively. Make sure megatune is also configured to lc1 default.

8. mark25 Forum Junkie

It doesn't work like that.

9. Brookster

How does it work then ?

10. mark25 Forum Junkie

If the Lambda has drifted, the only way you will see it is by measuring the exhaust gas, hence the MOT test. If it's miles out the LC1 won't calibrate.

Just because the LC1 output has an error at 5v, that doesn't nessesarilly mean that it has that error as an offset over its entire output range.

11. emery1990 Forum Member

Is yours brand new? Hoping mine wont be duff !, mine is brand new though?

12. Brookster

Mine was brand new.

Toyotec had his LM-2 Unit with the probe in the exhaust that had been caliberated just before he used it on my Engine. It was exactley 1AFR out across the complete range.

i could re-configure the Innovate to show free air 22.8AFR @ 4.88v i'm sure.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  13. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Are your settings in the lm programmer for gasoline 14.7? Your analogs can be set up for desired range. Can you get a screen print of your lm1 programmer analogue output settings? The graph on the analogue settings page should go across the diagonal for 0.5-1.5 lambda.

14. mark25 Forum Junkie

Who says it was yours that was out? The error could just as easilly be in the guage/ECU that's reading the 5v signal;)

15. mark25 Forum Junkie

According to me that's a bad idea. It's mostly beter to find the source of the error and correct that, rather than adjusting whatever's easiest. Although one tip is to configure the LC-1 and ECU for a smaller AFR range, then any measurement errors (whereevr they are in the loop) are automatically reduced in terms of AFR:thumbup:

16. Brookster

Its connected to the LC-1 Guage and MS1 ECU and both show the same AFR Reading.

17. bens_cab Forum Junkie

mine dont read worth a **** now engine on 11 afr after 20 seconds it goes to 21.99 and stays there arghhhh

18. mark25 Forum Junkie

The XD-16 serial gauge?

19. Brookster

The DB Gauge

20. mark25 Forum Junkie

It may be worth setting the output at a steady Voltage, say 2.5V ( by setting the analogue outputs at 2.5V for both extremes of Lambda) and then seeing what the various displays read then.