Lead / Adaptor For use with VCDS

Discussion in 'Vagcom / VCDS' started by priceygti, May 8, 2012.

1. priceygti Forum Member

I have a question for all those in the know about VCDS, i am eventually going to purchase the full version with the leads etc but atm funds aren't quiet that flush so i have downloaded the free version from Here

I believe this is the best option available to me as i am having a few issues with my car and want to be able to read the fault codes. My question is which is the best lead to use available from ebay?

I am only looking to use a cheap lead for now but it must be usb and able to connect to my 1999 bora and vehicles upwards to 2006 roughly.

Any help or idea's if you have tried any yourself's would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Mark

2. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

search on ebay for a usb to obd2 lead. theyre all pretty generic

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yarp buy the cheapest usb cable you can that is all you need to read and clear codes. the expensive cables are for the later/pro version of the software, they cost more becasue the licence is built into the cable rather than the software. you can get cheaper knock-off cables but you have to be very carefull what software version you run, as the pro software has the ability to kill the cable if it picks up its a knock off!

4. priceygti Forum Member

awesome cheers for that info folks, i will get the cheap 7 one ordered this weekend