LED Security lights with PIR

Discussion in 'Tools, Equipment & Fasteners' started by M7R, Nov 29, 2011.

1. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

can anyone reccomend me a good LED secuirty light with a long range PIR?

I have one of these at the mo - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/45-LED-Fl...801?pt=UK_Garden_Lighting&hash=item2a13040079

its bright... but theres no spread of light really, and annoyingly it wont pick me up coming down the drive, even with the sensitivity turned right up.

the unit is mounted about 7 and half foot off the ground on the front of the garage, which is about 10m from the back door, I have tried the PIR poining down, level and all ways in between but it never seems to see me untill I am about 3m away! [:x] and I want the light to come on when I reach the back door so I can see what I am doing with the key :lol:

The only other option I can see is add another light above the door again on a PIR, however I would rather not run a extra wire round the house etc, (or I get a solar powered one but I am not sure that down the side of the house will get enought light)

2. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

You can buy standalone led ir spot lamps too

3. aid

aid Forum Member

In the last cef branch I worked at we had an led pir flood that was solar powered/charged, the panel was on a lead so that could be placed where the sun hit. More modern pv panels dont require direct sunlight either, just general daylight.
    Not sure how else to do it without running wires though.