LIDL tool cabinet - 59.99

Discussion in 'Tools, Equipment & Fasteners' started by Mike_H, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Mike_H Forum Addict

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  2. rocco2litre

rocco2litre Forum Junkie

3. Mike_H Forum Addict

Bigger than my garage :)

4. ^neo^ Forum Junkie

Just to give you an idea mike

[​IMG]

If they haven't got ball bearing runners, then stay away as they screw up in no time unless you put next to nothing in them

5. Mike_H Forum Addict

Yeah, I was planning to check that.

I suppose a good dollop of grease on the runners would help.

6. rocco2litre

rocco2litre Forum Junkie

feckin monster could not believe the size of it

7. Mike_H Forum Addict

Bought one - haven't taken it out of the box yet. Unfortunatlely they didn't have a display one in the shop, so won't know if it's any good till I get it out of the box tonight. I'll report back later.

It does have some blurb on it about 'easy slide drawers' so hopefully they're roller bedded. It's also not flat-packed, which was a surprise. I expected to have to assemble it for that price - think I'll probably have to do a little bit, but the big parts are built up.

It's only about 11" deep, so it'll fit down the side of my car in the garage, which is v. handy.

8. Mike_H Forum Addict

Right... the view after unpacking it, is it's fine for a DIY'er, but as expected, it certainly isn't pro quality. Good value for 60 though.

The drawer runners have a couple of ball bearings in them, but seemed a little bit stiff. I've blobbed some grease on there. The assembly was straightforward. It's made of fairly thin metal, and the quality of the paint isn't brilliant, but I really can't complain for the price. The castors look decent quality and roll well enough, the brakes work, etc. I wouldn't go driving into it and expect it to work afterwards though!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  9. lard44 Forum Member

I went to Lidl tonight to check this out - could have had the dimensions on the website. I know you don't get much for 60 but this was too dinky - it's smaller than my current toolbox which I was thinking of replacing.

Bought some sandpaper and a soldering iron to make the trip worthwhile tho!

10. ^neo^ Forum Junkie

just dont overload it mike and you'll have months of trouble free tool storage :lol:

11. Mike_H Forum Addict

Whole months, eh?! ;)