Lidl Tools

Discussion in 'Tools, Equipment & Fasteners' started by Mike_H, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Mike_H Forum Addict

2. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

I have a air grinder 2 or 3" discs , and a air chisel - I hardly use them , when I do they work just fine for.the coat of them

Aldi air chisel - 8 quid
    Snap in - 70 !

3. Mike_H Forum Addict

How do you find the air chisel? Some of the cheap Aldi/LIDL air tools I bought have been great, others not so great. I have a dud cut-off tool that I should have taken back.

Lidl have air chisels just now in my local. Left over from a couple of weeks ago. Nearly bought one, but thought I might buy some air tools on my next work trip to the US. Sears stock some good brands - Ingersoll Rand, Chicago Pneumatic, etc.

Meanwhile, the LIDL air chisel / hammer

http://lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/SID-...rict=Derby&street=Mansfield+Road&ar=3&nf=True

4. muppet9966 Forum Member

Cheers Mike, the Hayes Lidl is also my local one, may have to pop down tomorrow and see what they have....

5. Mike_H Forum Addict

New Year Bump!

DIY offers today in LIDL!

Popped into LIDL today and picked up a load of different types of tape - parcel tape for sending out car bits, gaffer tape for the usual sorts of things, and some double sided carpet tape.

They also have some stick on insulation/draught excluder tape which is always handy for stopping trim vibrations.

I also bought an LED magnifying glass for 6 quid, which is handy for inspecting parts closely - especially if you're getting on a bit, like me ;)

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/.../lidl_uk/hs.xsl/offerdate.htm?offerdate=37555

6. Mike_H Forum Addict

...and ALDI have some offers on, starting today... from basic tools that would do for starter sets or 2nd set, to wall storage bins and space heaters - handy bit of kit if you do any painting in your workshop.

http://aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/offers_week02Thursday13.htm

I bought a set of swan neck ring spanners and a space heater... will report back on how the heater works when I get a chance.

I fitted a couple of these floodlights outside a few months ago, in time for winter darkness. Really good value for money - nice and bright - although I think the price on this link is wrong and they're actually 6.99 or so.
    http://aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_28644.htm

Tip - mount them high up out of reach, as they get feckin' hot!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  7. TJ2727 Forum Member

the heater looks like a good price and as you say fantastic for doing a bit of work in the garage during these darker months. I have looked at these types of heaters in the past but I worry about the amount of water vapour they may produce, so would be keen to know how this gets on.

I was looking for some lights for outside as the back of the house is really dark, I found these and while they are a bit more to buy they cost almost nothing to run. I am now looking to get some more for use out by the garage and inside (once I get it cleaned out) no heat to worry and really bright

8. Mike_H Forum Addict

I don't use the heater in the workshop unless I'm painting, but it's essential for that. My normal view would be if you're too cold, put some more clothes on and work a bit harder. With a set of thermals under my jeans, and the LIDL padded overalls, I'm normally sweating even when it's sub zero outside.

Not too worried about the running cost of 2x120w bulbs as they're not on all that much.

9. TJ2727 Forum Member

oh good god yes agree, but when doing small jobs like wiring etc getting cold is easy.

no never going to bust the bank but 20w is a lot less than 240w and not needing to replace the bulbs is a plus.

10. Collie Forum Junkie

got some of those picks from aldi yesterday, broke my snap on 90 pick the other day the man on the van wanted too much for one so a set for 2.99 is a steal.

those lamps are up for 3.99 they have no pir though.

11. Mike_H Forum Addict

Ah Ok... the lights I bought were 6.99 but with a PIR sensor, a few months ago. If it's for a security light it's probably worth waiting.