Lindvale VW Dealership! South East.

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by Aphex, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Aphex Forum Junkie

I can't believe it, I went to the Dealers this morning to get some synta silver expecting to be charged about 23 quid for it again. Also asked for a new filter and the bloke knew that the 9a and kr's were essentially the same engine (trust me I was astonished) got me the new filter and he even gave me a discount, not sure why but hey!

I was in shock that he knew what he was doing!

Got everything I needed for 26 quid, muchos happy. :)

2. Gal - 16v Forum Member

Where abouts in southend are you? I only live in Rayleigh! Small World.

Is this Lindvale down Prince Avenue? Guys in there are top lads - One of the techys let me borrow his spark plug tool and told me I could take it away and bring it back whenever! Can't knock the parts dept they know there S*** in there :)

3. Aphex Forum Junkie

Yeah that's the one I think lol, near where the old audi garage used to be, think it's honda or some other rubbish now ;) :lol:

If you come from Rayleigh to Eastwood via Rayliegh Road you'll see the Oakwood pub on your left and the BP on your right, I live down that road, Belgrave. If you come passed you'll see my golf with a stoved in front end from a renegade milkfloat [:x] check out the oops section for some sad pics :lol:

What do you drive, hopefully see you out and about buddy.

4. damogti Forum Junkie

Yeah the parts dept of Lindvale Southend are good..... always helpful and one of the guys always chats to me about my car!!

5. Gal - 16v Forum Member

I've got a 92 Mk2 16v golf.

And the exhaust come off somewhere in wickford the other day thanks to the previous owners handywork. I know roughly whereabouts you are - Sad news about the car.

There is a guy that sees me in wickford every other day and waves and flashes his lights like mad. - My Missus thinks its funny because we've never spoke and yet he does all this like he knows me :)

6. Jay 16V Forum Member

Thats what its all about?. Youve got a 92 16v , must be one of the last ones??:p

7. Gal - 16v Forum Member

Lol I know its one of the last. Was a rep mobile for about 10 years of its life and I have a folder that can be compared to war and peace of history - But the last owner ruined it really so I am in the process of collecting parts to build it up a very quick daily.

First mk2 and probably the last - Served me well so far just dreading the MOT in november :(

8. Jay 16V Forum Member

Whats needed to do it?

9. Gal - 16v Forum Member

Well the rear brakes are a defo - So doing them asap, Steering Rack probable. CV Boots will need doing, Rear bearings are on there way as well, Exhaust will need doing as well. The car needs a good setup as you can smell its running rich - At the moment I am running backwards and forwards a couple of miles a day so its not a big deal currently.

I am trying to find a new place to live with a garage so I can the car off the road and get to work properly on it.

Have to say so far its not going well lol

10. Jay 16V Forum Member

When you do the rear brakes its easier to change the discs as well , looks better as well?. How many miles on it. Bearings , sorry

11. Aphex Forum Junkie

Sounds like typical mk2 ownership to me :lol: It's all worth it in the end though.

I'm a bit of a flash/wave person too lol, the gf cringes and hunkers down in her seat out sight when i do it haha.

12. Jay 16V Forum Member

Your lucky , the gf wont even get in mine:lol:

13. damogti Forum Junkie

unfortunately mine does and then moans about how loud it is and bumpy cos of the suspension etc [:|] Sounds like you have a good deal to me!! :lol:

14. Gal - 16v Forum Member

lol She just slides down in the seat and pretends that she didn't see it - Car is coming up for 118k now - This is a recon engine though that was put in early 2000s.

Think the last engine lasted 180k before it gave up from what I can see. Not one spot of rust on the car though and its solid throughout -

Downside is the small things and the internal wiring is shot as a result of him trying to put in a radio - Even took the speakers out the doors and covered them up with nothing there! Cross between Pikey / Cowboy can't beat it.

15. Jay 16V Forum Member

Cant beat pikey previous owners. what colour?

16. Gal - 16v Forum Member

I would like to say Atlas but I found out it was Pearl Grey I think. (Is that the correct name?) Picture here:

[​IMG]

and this was my old mk3

[​IMG]

Oh and I had this for a short while - Till I found a massive Shotgun hole in the floor probably due to it being so low and hitting something at some point

[​IMG]

Had a couple of golfs so far lol

17. Aphex Forum Junkie

Lol, gotta love the gf's.

Mmm that mk2 looks spanky clean!

As long as the bodies alright, just more excuses for engine swaps :lol:

18. Gal - 16v Forum Member

Already on the look out for a 9a block. Won a 4-1 Manifold off egay earlier as well. So the hoarding is beginning - Need an exhaust back box for now just to get me through next couple of months.

19. Jay 16V Forum Member

Looking good . what do the mk3 16v s go like? , ive never driven one

20. Gal - 16v Forum Member

I loved it - Really smooth compared to the KR. Makes a great noise as well. The only major downside to the ABF compared with the KR is the amount of sensors it has - The crank position sensor went on the mk3 and cost me 120 for a wire with a plug on the end of it.

I felt sick that day.

The ABF pulls very well - Just a shame the body is so heavy - If it was in the mk2 then it would be something special - Main advantage is the gearbox - the mk2 box is like throwing a stick in tar pit whereas the mk3 is really smooth and refined.

Both have there own points - the mk2 is better for me I prefer older cars.