Locking Issue

Discussion in 'Security' started by that_lad_adam, Jan 26, 2004.

1. that_lad_adam New Member

Now then,

I dunno if theyre all like this, (my prev MK3 1.4 wasnt tho), but my 96 Mk3 8v central locking locks the doors , it also locks the boot and the fuel filler flap.

Thing is it has no fob, just key operated, and you can only do it from the drivers side, you cant physically put the key into the passenger side or the boot .... the guy who i bought the motor from explained this to me but he didnt know who fitted it.

I want to now operate the locking by a remote key-fob, but dont know how to go about it.

I have an independent Toad Cat 1 Immob. fitted, I dont really want an alarm going on if poss, just remote C/L.

Is anyone familiar with a system like this and is it inexpensive and easy enough to do?

Cheers

Adam

2. Studweiser Forum Member

most likely reason you can't get key into passenger door or boot is because the drivers one is the only one that's ever been used from new. the tumblers in the other will have seized up through lack of use.
    Remote locking is no problem on these cars and where fitted can also operate the factory total close.

3. that_lad_adam New Member

Nice 1 stud,

Can you recommend a system?

Ta...Adam