*Lucky* 12+1

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Mike_H, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Mike_H Forum Addict

I bought this today... not that I needed another car, but I couldn't resist. Needs a bit of tidying up and finishing off the project

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Originally a 1.6 GT with no sunroof or body kit. It's got a 16v lump (allegedly a 1.9 and TSR built) and twin 40s with it. 69k miles and about 7 owners, which isn't crazy for a 29 year old car.

There's a dent in the side, that will need some of my tame body man's skills.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Engine looks the part... there's some 'TSR Blue' paint under the black stuff. Need to pull it apart for a look. Think that's an audi distributor on the end. Needs checking out.

[​IMG]
    Old school petrol jugs
    [​IMG]

It'll need a brake upgrade, and bigger wheels to fit over them, a downpipe making up, and a few other bits, as well as the body work, but the car seems to be sound and looks fairly good. At least it's a solid colour so relatively easy to paint, compared to metallic.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  2. Mike_H Forum Addict

Didn't really look that closely, tbh. Easily replaced in either case. I didn't notice any issues on the bulkhead.

3. benny Forum Member

Nice ride! I came so close to buying one of them back in the day, just like that!

4. Mike_H Forum Addict

Funny how taste changes over time.... I didn't like the Mk2 Rocco when they first came out - because it wasn't as pretty as the MK1. I thought the colour coded body kits were a big improvement. I quite like them now - cleaner lines and all that. Makes the car look smaller. I also like Mars Red if it's not all faded - it seems like a much happier sort of red than the darker ones.

5. Mike_H Forum Addict

Think I've just bought a Std engine and box for it.... thanks Steve! Putting a standard engine back in is probably the best plan.