Lupo auc to 1.8t awu wiring help

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Rubbadub, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Rubbadub New Member

Hi guys I've started a 1.8t conversion, I've got a full beetle donor car 2002 and a lupo 1.0 2001.
    I've removed the engine/gearbox etc, today I've stripped down the lupo loom and separated body wiring from engine, separated all the feeds for the sensors etc
    Now I'm left with just the wires from bulkhead to ecu but I can't find any full depth wiring diagrams so I just wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction please.
    I think all the sensors will be easy to splice up it's just the bulkhead to ecu that I'm struggling with and don't fancy ripping the dash out to chase wires.
    Also does anyone know the correct tool for splitting the loom plugs down?
    And where I can find both awu ecu diagram and auc ecu wiring diagram
    Thanks
    Dan

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

Fair bit of info in here:
    https://www.clubgti.com/forums/index.php?threads/lupo-to-auq-wiring-loom-questions.287511/

I've just put a beetle diagram in my sig for you 9c1awuecu.pdf, had a quick scan thru it and its basically same as MK4 aum/auq except the map sensor wiring goes thru the t14a plug pins 10, 13 and 14 so make sure you have that off the donor car. lots of info here to help you ID all the plugs:
    https://clubgti.com/forums/index.php?threads/267196/

I have a couple lupo diagrams in my signature link as well, 6x.....pdf 6x0aucecu.pdf for your ecu.

The ecu plugs are easy to split, on the small pins slide the purple tab out the end then the pin holders come out, then use a pick tool to release each pin. the bigger pins are junior/power timer, but again on the ecu slide the purple tab out the end and use a pick they come out easy. For the pins in the engine plugs they are mostly junior/power timer or micro timer. jpt pin tools are widely available but the micro timer ones not so much. You can make your own tools by grinding down metal strips nicked from a wiper blade. I've heard paperclips and hairpins can be made to work as well ;)

some info on tools etc here:
    https://clubgti.com/forums/index.php?threads/vw-crimp-connectors-and-tools.192104/

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  3. Rubbadub New Member

Your a diamond matey thank you, I can't see your Sig though is it because I'm on a phone maybe?
    Also if the lupo doesn't have a MAF will it be just a matter of running a new power wire out to the connector?
    I'm goner go out now an try to decipher the rest of these wires once the wires are done I'll be happy lol
    Again thank you
    Regards
    Dan

4. rubjonny

Yeah probably, heres a linky. need to sign into google/gmail for it to work:
    https://drive.google.com/folderview...hZS00MzBkLTk2MTEtNGIyZDFmMDg0NWM2&usp=sharing

what I do is depin the lupo ecu entirely, then swap the lupo wires into the 20v ecu plug. most of the wires are there, except as you say there is no MAF but this is no problem just leave it on the 20v plug as it was before and feed the power feeds as required (so re-use the old lupo lambda power for the 20v lambda, maf and n80 power etc)

I leave the 20v ecu/coil relay box as is, but move the live feed to the ecu/coil relay from T6/4 over to the lupo battery box rather than mess about trying to run a decent live feed inside the car. If the beetle loom is similar to MK4 golf then the relay box has 3 spare fuse holders inside it already so just run the wire thru a 20a fuse then to battery (AFAIK the mk4/lupo battery fusebox fuses start at 30a so a bit too high rating) the relay box fuse holders takes standard timer type pins, easily available. or you could run an inline fuse holder of your choice whatever works for you.

5. rubjonny

actually saying that the AUC has the earlier 80pin type plug so the pins are not the same, the ones I've done had the later 121 pin plug so all the pins swapped right over.

so you'll have to splice wires where appropriate. you could try to crimp the lupo wires to the 20v pins but they are a bit larger wire gauge at 0.5mm2 vs 20v which are 0.35mm2

6. Rubbadub New Member

That's brilliant buddy, an ye I noticed the wires were a different gauge, I've nearly got the lupo loom decoded now so that's a bonus.
    Thanks again
    Cheers
    Dan

7. Rubbadub New Member

One more question if you should be so kind, on the diagrams what do the square boxes mean with a number in? I've got 3 wires I don't know and they just end at a box with a number.
    Cheers
    Dan

8. rubjonny

The square box refers to the circuit track number where you will find the other end, if you look right at the bottom of the diagram the circuit track numbers run from left to right starting at 1 for the first one if you get me :)

9. Rubbadub New Member

Haha I was right then I didn't realise the bottom number bit though I followed 119 to 3 separate breaks, then gave in lol,
    Cheers again should have the beetle loom out tomorrow to start the fun lol
    Cheers
    Dan

10. Rubbadub New Member

I'm hoping I can get a little more help hehe,
    I've made a good start on the wiring today, it seems the ecu doesn't have ecp or emission lamp can I just isolate these wires from the lupo?
    Also can the cruise control wires just be isolated?
    Do I need to wire in the clutch pedal as my car asnt got one? So I'll have to run the wires.
    Do I need to connect the oil level/temp sensor to anything?
    Cheers
    Dan

11. Rubbadub New Member

Also I can't seem to find connection for the fuel pump relay or the fuel warning light
    If anyone can help it would be appreciated
    Cheers

12. rubjonny

1. white plug pin 8 is EPC, and pin 10 is emmissions fault. these may or may not work on the ecu I'm not sure if they are active on cars which do this over can-bus? In my experience the wires are normally there in the loom though even if not used.
    2. if you dont want cruise control you can bin those wires out
    3. clutch switch will usually cause rev hang between gears, so run it if you can. If you have any polo wires left over you can re-purpose those, say for epc or emmissions warning light wires if not bothered ;)
    4. can ignore oil level/warning
    5. mk4 ecu doesnt have fuel warning light connection, so you could pinch that wire for clutch switch. for relay trigger its polo ecu pin 28 red/yellow wire, to T10d red plug pin 9. mk4 ecu pin 65 purple/white wire, to T6 brown plug pin 2

13. Rubbadub New Member

Brilliant cheers just goner go try get the wiring finished off then I can start building
    Thanks again

14. rubjonny

oh and try to run the brake switch wires as well, in case you need them later.

15. Rubbadub New Member

Mines a lupo not sure if it's different to polo, no pin 8 10 and 28is lilac/blue

16. Rubbadub New Member

Think I've done the brake switch already
    Cheers

17. Rubbadub New Member

It's ok I read the last bit wrong I found the trigger wire
    Cheers

18. rubjonny

sorry I meant lupo not polo :lol:

19. Rubbadub New Member

I'm down to the last 3 wires now, YAAY,
    I've got pin 80 and 25 fuel diagnostic pump I'm assuming I can delete these
    And pin 66 air pump do you know what size resistor I need to fool this as I've removed it
    Cheers again
    You have been a big help
    Dan

20. rubjonny

80 and 25 on the 20v each yeah? you can ignore those yup. Not sure off hand the resistnace value for pin 66 SAI control relay, be same as what the aum/auq guys use I expect, or just leave the relay on there. Dont think it actually affects the running even if it flags up a code, but the best way to delete all of these functions is have a man with a big beard switch them off in software. Eddie/Toyotec is the man for this kind of thing :thumbup: