Lupo Electric Window Switches

Discussion in 'Fox/Lupo/Polo' started by Mike_H, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Mike_H Forum Addict

I tried the search function for this, but it seems to be just timing out.

I had a call from a mate to say he needs Electric Window Switches for a Lupo 16v he's bought for his daughter. I expect they're not cheap from VW, so it'll be ebay and breakers to look for some. I think it's a '99 or 2000 car.

Any idea if they're common to anything else, other than the obvious Arosa? e.g. Polos?

Also, are the gear linkages on these adjustable? Is it a cable change box?

2. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

Arosa switches and polo switches can work but need the right colour as there are a few.

I think the only proper cable change box is on the diesel. The rest have chocolate boxes.

Gurds

3. Mike_H Forum Addict

Thanks Gurds!

So they're the modern version of the 020, with rod change, or something else. My mate reckons it's cable change, but I'm prepared to listen to a second opinion ;)

So we need the right colour (it's a bright sort of mid-blue metallic), or to find some black/grey ones to blend in.

4. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

I dont think the switches will be too expensive. I'm guessing around 15 for each. I could get a price from my mate if you like

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

you're looking at 16.55+VAT from the dealer, note that driver side switches differ from passenger side. 99-06 lupo switches are same as 00-02 polo, 97-04 arosa, 99-02 cordoba/ibiza

boxes are 085 based except for 6 speed and diesel, maybe the gti ones too

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  6. Mike_H Forum Addict

16.55 is about 10% of what I expected. My mate tells me the driver's side one is both switches plus the central locking switch.

I'll get some pics when I see the car tomorrow.

....and thanks for all the info and help!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  7. Mike_H Forum Addict

It's definitely got some sort of cable change on it - the linkage is low down at the back of the 'box.

Is 16.55+ vat the price for 1 switch for 1 window, or the unit with 2 window switches + the central locking switch? Got any Part Nos? VAGCAT seems to be dead these days.

8. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yeah its just a standard 085 type box but with a dodgy cable change adaptor on it, why they bothered I dont know. does it actually feel any better than the rubbish 085 type selector?

edit: 16.55 is the price for a sigle switch, either driver or passenger. the switches come out of the pannel, probably need to remove the panel then push them out from underneath

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  9. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

VAGCAT does work Mike as long as you're not using the corporate internet connection. Wierdly it works fine on a direct external line or at home.

Gurds

10. Mike_H Forum Addict

Not for me - neither from home or work...

11. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

Well I bought a new window switch today. The 2x on tue drivers side are identical but operate a side each. 18 each all in. I only needed one. The regulators are a killer. 100+vat and then another 140+vat for a multipin motor!!

You can get the regulators cheap from the net from about 45 upwards but no one seems to do the multipin motor, only 2 pin types.

Gurds

12. Mike_H Forum Addict

Sorted... switches are in the post and on the way to my mate. Thanks to G60KG for getting them at a bit of discount!