lupo questions.

Discussion in 'Fox/Lupo/Polo' started by Sciroccotune, May 27, 2007.

1. Sciroccotune Forum Member

hi all looking at getting a lupo, seen a few good ones at various vw garages for around 4500. looking at a 1.4 or 1.0.

Basically after a car thats nice, small and offers good mpg. so i want a lupo :lol:

Drove the 1.0 today and it was a rad slow :lol: but hoping that the 1.4 will be a bit better.

anyway i want to know if 195/50/15" wheels will fit as i have a nice set to go on.

also should i be looking out for anything and will it really live up to the 48/44mpg the book says i should get?

[:*:]

2. G-Man Forum Junkie

I have an arosa, and the factory size for 15's on a lupo/arosa are with 45 profiles. The 50's will fit as long as the car isn't lowered.

Hard to comment on fuel consumption, as when i drove my mum 1.2 Polo 9n i saw no where near the fuel consumption they say because for motorway driving the car was needing to work hard at the higher speeds.

Have a look on clublupo

www.clublupo.co.uk

3. Sciroccotune Forum Member

thanks bud, ill check it out :)

4. Sciroccotune Forum Member

ok well i have managed to end up with a 52 plate lupo 1.4 se.

manage to get quite a good deal on it from the dealer as ther bank holiday sale was finishing (i rocked up at 3.45 and they shut at 4 :lol:) lets just hope this turns out to be a good idea!

will be picking her up on thursday with a quick test drive tomorrow to make sure everything is in order.

Hoping that my wheels will fit as the are the right et of 38 but maybe the profile is a bit big as g man pointed out.

would have liked a 1.4 td but they are stupidly hard to find.

will post pics when i can.

thanks dude.

5. G-Man Forum Junkie

Sounds good. ET of 38 not a problem. Standard is the usual 37 :)

How much out of interest?

6. Sciroccotune Forum Member

so good news on the wheel front [:D]

as for how much far to much but there you go :lol:

was 4400 with full test, tax, and 12 month VW warrenty and 30 day exchange if i dont like it :clap:

its the SE so has electric windows, abs and stuff...

hope this turns out to be a good idea :lol:

good deal?

7. G-Man Forum Junkie

Its hard to price the little cars as good ones can go for that price while 1.4 16v sports which are a bettter model go for less than the normal 1.4's/se's

As long as you're happy with it, but for that price you can get 1.4 16v Sports :) but that'll be private with no warrenty

8. Sciroccotune Forum Member

yeah i totally agree on the price.

i had seen some privately for less (around the 3900 mark) but i didnt want to go privately. also i found it hard to find a 1.4, infact hard to find any lupos at all. only 3 in the north east from benfield.

So over all i feel i may have over paid slightly but it comes with dealer warranty and security incase anything goes wrong. i guess sometimes you have to pay a bit more to get cars from a dealer and its the right engine, colour and spec.

Again you are right regarding the sport but i only wanted the little 1.4 for insurance and mpg - why they cost more i am not sure.

so to sum it up i am happy even if i did over pay slightly but will no for sure on Thursday when i get the car [8D]

thanks for you help gman and im sure ill see you on the lupo form soon

9. G-Man Forum Junkie

Cracking cars anyway, they may be small but my work collegue who's 6ft 10 found more than enough space in the passenger seat esp with loads of headroom.

The 1.4 (75hp) engine will be more than ample in that car as they're light and nimble.

I did have to make a 250 mile return journey to get my car, but was worth it.

Good luck and look forward to seeing some pics of the car