Lupo's?

Discussion in 'Fox/Lupo/Polo' started by DubSi, May 8, 2008.

1. DubSi Forum Member

What they like then - need to get a cheap run a round?

2. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

1.0, Small and slow

1.4, Small and nippy

1.4 Sport, Small and ever mory nippy

1.6 GTI, Small and quite fast for a small car.

So they are quite small but depends on what you go for. I dont know about the diesels though...

3. DubSi Forum Member

Would there be much difference in fuel economy between the 1.0 & 1.4 ? I dunno if i could cope with a 1.0 [8(]

4. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

yes, lots i would imagine

5. Dubmuffin Forum Member

If you want a cheap run around get a little diesel pug [:s] Lupos are hardly 'cheap' to buy.

But if you really want one, my GTi was fun fun fun but guzzled petrol.

I had a 1.0 Polo and by god it was slow [8(] also cruised to a show once with a 1.0 Lupo and it hardly moved :lol: i'd have been embarassed tbh (no insult meant there Mat :lol: you know I loves ya :lol:)

6. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

my mum has the 1.0 polo open air in lime green [xx(]

lupo 1.4 diesel would be a good shout though wouldn't it??

7. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

I'd agree with that, good performance and great on fuel, cheap road tax also! Hold there value though.

8. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

i love little lupo's in that sort of dark mauvey green colour if any one knows what im on about??? lol

edit: like this one

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2008
  9. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Could be the Cambridge edition?

10. Dubmuffin Forum Member

I've only ever seen one Lupo that colour, which was a Sport and belonged to a friend... lovely colour :thumbup:

11. Silver!

Silver! Forum Member

I don't have a problem with the 1.0 Arosa. It cruises quite happily at 70mph but isn't that economical once you get out of town. So the 1.4s may be a better option.

...but I do have a GTi to fall back on when I need to ;)

TDi would be the perfect daily, cheap to tax and insure, but loads of torque: some say more fun to drive than a GTi after a remap!

If it's a daily runner, consider the Arosa as it's easier on the bank account for the same car

12. Matt G Forum Member

ive just been looking into 1.4 tdi lupo's for a run around but have more or less decided i will get a pug 309 tdi as 1) they much cheaper to buy 2) they still get 50 ish mpg so im told.

for the number of miles i do, i couldnt justify the extra spend to get a lupo as it work out alot cheaper to run the pug.

plus the cheapest i could find a lupo derv was 4495. not many around getting sold on.

there's a couple of lupo's round my way that green colour - one for sale in the tyneside autoparc going for about 2400 ish - but 1.0 engine though.

13. DubSi Forum Member

Hmmmmm, i just don't know what to do. I'm not a fan of french cars after i bought a brand new Clio 182.... then sold it after 3 months and 1500 miles after all the problems i had with it. The guy who bought it off me rang me after a few weeks to say the engine had blown up. **** car to be frank!
    Maybe i need to have a few roadtests [:[]

14. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

if you getting a easier pug with the rotory pump you will be looking at mid 40s to the gallon..

on the lupo thing the diesels are pretty good and gutsy. basically a 1.9 PD with a pot lopped off. they can also be chipped and messed with so easy to see 100+ bhp from them....

15. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

just because you had a french piece of crap doesn't mean they are all like that... I have however had some friends that have had some proper horror stories with 306's and 106's - not old one's either.

however if your only spending say 1k then its not that big a gamble

16. DubSi Forum Member

I know all french cars won't be like that, it just put me off them. Build quality wasn't up to much either.

I'll have a budget of about 500 less than whatever the anni goes for, it just needs to be cheap to run, and hopefully not that slow i feel like slittin my wrists [xx(]

17. Tspec

Tspec Forum Member

i made my girlfriend get a lupo 1.4. great wee cars. i love em. 1.4 is fairly nippy, she managed to get one with 60000miles for about 2000 which is pretty good. i could imagine the 1.0 would be pretty dull however. i drove a 1.0 'urban' fox a while back and that was PAINFULLY slow so would assume the engines to be the same.

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  18. DubSi Forum Member

Seem to be not not bad value for money to be. I think i'll play it safe and look for a 1.4 as you say. I just have to keep sayin to myself " its only a temporary car!!"

19. studentlife Forum Member

Id definately go with the 1.4tdi, my gf had one really nice car to drive although a little wobbly on standard suspension!
    Feels like a much bigger car than it is, very stable at high speeds too!

she also had the 1.0 too which i drove a fair bit, not bad either. felt pretty nippy but was crap on the motorway.

Id have the tdi over any of the petrol lupo! Have you test driven any!?