MAF Issue! Dodgy electrics!

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by HeisenGTi, Nov 20, 2017.

1. HeisenGTi New Member

Hi guys,

I have been having issues with my Mk4 GTI 1.8t AGU being stuck in limp mode

After a quick scan, I am getting the error code - 16486-Mass Air Flow Sensor ( G70 ) Signal too Low - P0102 - 35-00

I have replaced it with a brand new MAF but still having the same error code

What should be checked first before considering replacing the loom as im assuming its dodgy wiring.

I have not got a multimeter to check the connections on the plug, i have one on order at the moment.

on a side note, the two wires for my N75 valve look like they have two small breaks in them and need repairing, Could this be causing the issue with the MAF?

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

1st test would be to check you have 12v between the blue/yellow and brown wires while the fuel pump is running, then check continuity on the 2 signal wires pin 4 to ecu pin 13, and pin 2 to ecu pin 12.

N75 wirign is not connected to the MAF so I cant see any way it could affect it, seperate fuses for the power feeds etc. still wants repairing though :)