MAF issues...BEV engine

Discussion in 'Mk4' started by Alex Dupre, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Alex Dupre Paid Member Paid Member

I have an ongoing ordeal that started about two weeks ago. I just got this car two months ago, and it was running great till the other day when my car just randomly had no acceleration. I parked it for a job, and 45 minutes later, when I came out, it just had no power on acceleration. I did not get any codes till the next day when I got a P0102. So I bought a new MAF thinking the old one was going bad. Of course, no change. I then thought maybe the CAT had finally bit the dust because I had been getting the odd P0420. So I had the CAT checked; he said it was going bad but was not clogged. Just in case, he welded in a straight pipe just for testing. Don't worry; I will be getting a new CAT as soon a I figure this out. So, I started doing some MAF testing with both the new MAF, the old MAF two other MAFs I pulled from 2.0s at the salvage yard. The strange issue is they all produce the same low readings. I get a max of 50g/sec in 2nd gear WOT. Also, when I run electrical tests on the MAfs with a multimeter on the five wires, they are regular, except the MAF wire produces a max of 2.5 volts. The other four wires produce normal readings of 12v, 5v, ground, and temp reading. While trying to fix this issue, I discovered it is running lean, as the inside of the CAT was white, and so were the spark plugs. So, I started the regular maintenance I always do on a new car that I should have already done but hadn't had time yet. So it now has a new fuel filter/pump, new plugs, wires; I removed the intake upper and lower and cleaned it entirely with runner brushes and a pressure washer, cleaned the fuel Injector nozzles, as they were a bit gross from carbon, new upper and lower intake gaskets, cleaned the throttle body at the same time and replace the gasket also I have a second throttle body for testing purposes, no change with either one. I'm still trying to find possible vacuum leaks, but I can't find any with starting fluid. The thing I can't figure out is would a vacuum leak cause the out-of-spec MAF readings if not between the throttle body and MAF. Thank you ahead of time. I rarely ask questions here, and I mostly search a lot, but I am at a loss. I ordered vcds lite registration that should be ready tom or Tuesday to run a throttle body alignment and check measure block 32 to see how lean it's running. Thanks again.