MAGICAR Security

Discussion in 'Security' started by M1ST, Mar 7, 2004.

1. M1ST Forum Member

Hi All,

Anyone had any experience with the 'Magicar' alarm systems (http://www.magicar.com)

They have a paging function (over FM) that buzzes you if anyones messing with your car!

Sounds good, but are they reliable?

M1ST

2. Paradroid Forum Developer Paid Member

3. Studweiser Forum Member

not had any dealings with magicar, but have recently fitted Avital Avistart. one of remote fobs has screen on with icons relating to various points on car. alarm pages this remote and shows on display. if shock sensor is triggered it shows large hamer hitting screen. when remote started is shows puffs smoke out of the exhaust. bit gimmicky but does the job.

4. ee00jcb Forum Member

HI

I have fitted a Magicar alarm to my old '67 BUG, It was easy to fit and not that hard to use after a bit of practice, picked it up cheap on ebay too. Actualy made by these people www.compustar.org you can get the wiring diagrams off here too!! :)

however I just fitted a Mannix alarm in to my Mk1, it a bit cheaper in quality but is an excellent alarm for the money + they give you a free car wiring diagram all for 100. :clap:

As for the pager, it's cool on both. Its FM so works (kinda) through walls, predicted range of 1000M - more like 500M...bu my fav function is still auotart [:D]

Either kit is not complete as you would expect you can expect to spend a few extra quid on door pins, sensor upgades....

James

Edited by: gbolton

5. ee00jcb Forum Member

correction - although an autotart would be good!! I ment autostart (stupid keyboard

6. silverlogic New Member

If you are lookin at gettin one of these m8 look at gettin it from www.infiniteaudio.com in the states. They got em cheap as chips on promo atm