Mallory Vids at last!!

Discussion in 'The Video Forum' started by Keith R, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Keith R Forum Member

Ok guys and gals, the following are some video clips taken from a mates camera at the Mallory trackday:

http://www.keith.grone.co.uk/Video/Mallory%201%20TD.wmv

EDIT: (30Mb) This is a combination of outside filming at various points on the circuit, which is mainly of me and Nick Birkett in his Mk4, but other VWs feature aswell.

Also some in-car stuff. The camera isn't atan ideal angle and points down a bit too much, so you may end up with a crook neck after:lol:! Also, the sun was very low in the sky by this time, so at devils elbow and gerrards, the camera does take time to adjust to the changing light. Still entertaining none the less! On the second full lap, I nearly loose it out of gerrards overtaking nickvw's Jetta but somehow manage to keep it going. Then on the same lap at lake esses, I over do letting an Elise through and just go off onto the grass:lol:!

Enjoy!

P.S. I should have my own camera repaired by next weekend, so there will be loads more in-car stuff to post up.
    Edited by: Keith R

2. mk1 driver Forum Junkie

Nice one Keith. [:D]

It was an interesting match between yourself and Neil Birkett's Mk4 which is not exactly standard, just goes to show how a super stiff chassis and the power to weight ratio's work out on track.

It's a good job you have the smaller chin spoiler on the mk1, especially with the gravel extraction.

:lol: at the small grass excursion letting on eof the Elise's through.

Slight bit of tail out around the outside of Nick's Jetta then a small tank slapper :p, I think that's how Larrys might have started last year... (pictures of a bruised Mk2 in another thread on here [8(])

Just need to unseize my neck now. :lol:

3. Polog4tracer Forum Member

Awesome Vids Keith!! Great to see the Silver MK1 out! :thumbup:

4. Keith R Forum Member

Cheers guys! I was very pleased with the Mk1 on the day. I wasn't expecting to be able to just get in and drive it all out like that, what with LHD etc. It's testiment to Andy's work I guess:thumbup:.

I was a bit too aggresive on the throttle coming out of the hairpin at times. Definately my weakest area on that circuit. It's amazing how when you watch yourself backyou notice these things. The benefit of in-car video!

Apologies for the size of the vids. My dad is making them smaller and more downloadable so I don't use up all the bandwidth. He may have already done it so please keep trying if anyone has had any difficulty downloading.

5. nickvw Forum Member

Great stuff Keith :lol:

Just seen the first one, I remember you passing out of Gerrards but didnt realise you nearly took us out :lol:

Great driving [:D]

Can't download the other 2 [:s]
    Edited by: nickvw

6. Keith R Forum Member

I'll try and host them on putafile.com or something tomorrow and see if you have any better luck. What happens when you try to download?

In hindsight nick, I should have waited until the straight to overtake. Although in a way it is amusing, I actually could have taken you out. Lots of people were doing itaround the outside of gerrards, myself included on numerous occasions without any problem. On that occasion though I just ran out of road[:$].

7. Keith R Forum Member

Basically, the first vid is now a combination of theoriginal 3vids to save bandwidth. I will edit my opening post accordingly to save confusing people. It's around 30Mb.

8. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Good vid Keith, well held at Gerrads son! :clap:

tut tut to you and the Focus passing on the right tho!

< wags finger like an old giffer >:lol:

9. Keith R Forum Member

Ah, that would be the black EVO. He seemed to slow right down and let us through. I thought nothing of it, but you're right, I need a good hiding!:lol:

Cheers for the compliment btw!:thumbup: