Mapping a Lupo GTI

Discussion in 'Fox/Lupo/Polo' started by Matty!, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Matty! New Member

Hello

I thought I would ask on here, as to be fair you guys know more about the area I want to hear about.

I am looking into a set of cams over the winter to complete my Lupo GTI (avy engine) But have been told horror stories about once cams are in mapping them because an issue as they run Siemens ECU's.

Has anyone done a Lupo GTI with cams and if so can you point me in the correct direction.

Failing that if no one can map in the UK I will be heading over to Germany for this to be done.

Thanks in advance

2. aaronhtid New Member

Hi Mate, Try posting on clublupo.co.uk.
    I can see why you've posted it here though as most users on CL with a high post count tend to just fob off new users when asking questions.

3. Kent New Member

HEY GUYS!

I know people who have had a lot of trouble with cams on the GTI engine, been done lots on the 1.4 sport though. Try speaking to both Tigz & Casper on ClubLupo. Try Tigz first as he speaks in more 'English terms' whereas Casper is very technical. One thing is they have both had problems setting them up properly with fueling and extensive work being carried out.

If you're not Matty with the silver GTI & carbon engine cover try going for a manifold, exhaust system. If you are then I'm sorry as I know you've already done those things.

Good luck!

4. Matty! New Member

It is Me Kent! Just getting info on clublupo is like getting blood from a stone... And I know on here people are abit more Go than Show. So thought I could maybe get recommendations :)

5. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

Do you know what model Siemens ecu it is?

6. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Haha, Its so bad that forum now...

Anyway, When i was speaking to a tuner he said they were terrible to map. So much so that i think they put it back to standard as they couldnt make it work.

7. aaronhtid New Member

Any update Matty? How you get on mate?