mates civic Crash pics

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by pictonroad, Jun 4, 2004.

1. pictonroad Forum Member

My friend's Civic Type R fell foul of a lorry.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited by: jonboy

2. Admin Guest

ouch!!!

write off i take it? [:^(] [xx(]

3. pictonroad Forum Member

hopefully not, its a 30th anniversary model, very nice.

They were sitting at a roundabout minding their own business when the dozy tw@t in the lorry drove straight through them. Luckily, apart from shock both were OK.

4. velly_16v_cab

velly_16v_cab Forum Junkie

5. Admin Guest

its just that very creased C pillar, sod to fix....

6. Armour

Armour Forum Junkie

I wouldn't want that back after that impact, even if it was a limited edition!

Can I have the seats please?

Alan

7. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

agreed. even if it were to be fixed, it would never be the same car again. i'd take the money for the car, the extra couple of G's for whiplash for him and his mate and then go car hunting.

8. pictonroad Forum Member

Not him, the driver of that car is a lady. Respect due.

I wouldn't want it back but at the end of the day its a 17k car, wont the insurance company just fix it?

Another friend (don't be one of my mates!!) put his MK4 TDI 150 through a fence 2 months ago. The repairs came to 6.5k and it wasn't written off. The car isn't right though, little things you notice, a bit more wind noise, slightly different panel gaps etc.

9. Dietrich Forum Member

Funny what they right off... Saw a Polo breadvan today at the scrapyard with a dent in the door - that was it.

Not sure I'd wanna' get back in it, but it's her call. Nice seats though.

Tom

10. VWAlfaMan Forum Member

Have worked in a bodyshop. Depends on how much care someone puts into it. you're obviously into tailgate, bumper and rear quarter panels. Depends on how bad the boot floor looks when the back end it stripped. It'll need to be put on the jig anyway to be pulled straight. Also need to see in rear suspension mounts have moved, independant rear on those Honda's. Needs to be perfect or it'll handle like a mad female dog and eat tyres for evermore.

11. robz Forum Member

looks like it could be saved... only back end looks mangled....so engine area should be alive?

is that by any chance kingsteignton roundabout ? (or around that area)

12. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

i wouldn't touch it after that! take the money and run!

13. Piggles Forum Member

Lorries do it proper though wouldn't like to of been in there