Meanwhile in Canada...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by costel1969, Jan 8, 2024.

1. costel1969

costel1969 Paid Member Paid Member

Well we were having an unseasonably nice winter and I for one was grateful for that (being a delicate Irish flower and all..) but let me tell you boys and girls things have taken a downward spiral in the last 24 hours or so.

Behold the forecast (Brass monkeys are heading for the airport at a serious rate of knots!)

IMG_0201.PNG

2. afbiker02

afbiker02 Paid Member Paid Member

3. PhilRyder

PhilRyder Paid Member Paid Member

Well, I don’t suppose anyone forced you to live there :lol:
    I’d rather live in a tent in the desert than in a mansion anywhere cold like that.

4. costel1969

Unemployment brought me over here to be honest, and the country has looked after me (touch wood) but there is a price to pay and that's it pictured above.
    To be fair, a cold spell of that nature is generally short (3-7 days) but you're still talking -10 to -20C this time of year and believe it or not that's fine.
    But when sh!t starts falling below -20 and into the -30's well that just sucks.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2024
    PhilRyder likes this.
  5. MJA

MJA Paid Member Paid Member

That is some swing in temperatures. I can only compare it to us having 0 degrees and then 30 degree balmy summer for a few days and back to 0 again.

Does the cold "feel" different over there? Something about it being less humid or something. Still -29degrees regardless must mean not a lot can be achieved away from a heat source - walking, running, tinkering on cars.

6. costel1969

Once you’re wrapped up properly you can head out in it to walk the dog but I wouldn’t recommend running as inhaling a lot of cold air into the lungs at those temps can mess you up - ask me how I know.

Car tinkering is a no-no unless you have a very well insulated and heated garage - I don’t.
    Car work wouldn’t generally start until about April and would continue until September/October.

7. RichardDarrenB Paid Member Paid Member

And there's me feeling hard done by walking the dogs in -4 just now.

costel1969 likes this.
  8. JamMe New Member

It's pretty hard to repair a car in a cold garage. Personally, my hands usually freeze. But if you need to do something urgently, there is no other way, is there not?