Mechanical TDI injector pump (mTDI)

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by shane d, Feb 28, 2009.

1. shane d Forum Member

Hi all, I've been toying with the idea of fitting a 2000 year 110bhp Tdi engine from a passat into my mk2 GTD. I have searched forums on here and on the Vw GTD forums.
    There is a Mechanical TDI pump available from a vendor on the Vw GTD site and he maintains they are extremely tunable and reliable. Using this pump would eliminate the need for ecu and the nightmare wiring associated with it. There are meant to be Iveco, fiat, sofum and land rover pumps that can be made to suit but anyone you speak to that is meant to have used them has the conversion 90% finished or it's not actually me it's my cousins friends brother that's doing it etc etc etc. Does anyone really know about the mechanical TDI injector pump???? Cheers..Shane

2. AndyG

AndyG Forum Member

I thought I read that to make a M-TDI engine you used the pump off an AAZ engine with with modified boost pin

3. shane d Forum Member

Hello there Andy. It's a lot more complicated than that unfortunately. It's a combination of the aaz injector pump nose and tdi camplate plus a lot more besides. i have a 1.9TD AAZ in my GTD at the moment with the head off an SB pump with a ground aneroid pin. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the m-TDI, Cheers..Shane

4. billybob New Member

whats a aneroid pin? i have a aaz in my mk2 totally spandard because i dont have a clue what to do and dont understand all this technical talk