Meeting girls online?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by G-Man, Sep 21, 2005.

1. jjarvis Forum Junkie

[​IMG]

2. G-Man Forum Junkie

is that a joke or not?

3. Aquablue Forum Member

On-line I'm hoping to meet someone, but then so is everyone else on dating type sites! But if I go out, it's just to have a good time, I'm certainly not going out with the intention of meeting someone, but if anything did happen, then great!! As you say, if you go out with the sole intention of meeting someone, then it's a bit desperate! I have standards & would rather not meet someone, than just end up with a quick shag with anyone! :lol:
    Edited by: Aquablue

4. superden Forum Addict

It depends on the person in question.

I know guys who just walk up to random women and start chatting.

I know other guys who met their ladies through friends.

Dont worry so much about it.

Go out, have a laugh ... if you pull then its a bonus.

Rags, if I dont broadcast what I do for a living ...

... what makes you think I`d tell you that.

[:[]

5. DarrenW Forum Junkie

Best way I've found is to not concentrate on meeting someone, like Den says. Make the most of being single in that you can do what you want, when you want, spend all your spare money on things for yourself etc etc... If you try to force things it never works, IMO.

6. AxlFoley Forum Junkie

Aquablue - you own a bug, women should be crawling at your feet!! mak sure you use this as much as possible, its a fact an air cooled dub will attract women!

7. G-Man Forum Junkie

Cheers chaps! Going out tonight (again!) to have a good laugh with the lads. Well next week i'll be with all my lads when we go out, sadly 3 of them act like their 'wifed up' which sometimes ruins the banter as they get boring and are under the thumb!

Sadly my mk2 ain't no pimp machines so no ladies there! Sad thing was my ex loved mk2 golfs and she took me too my first dub show! Oh well, she messed me around! [:x]

Edited by: G-Man

8. Aquablue Forum Member

Unfortunately, it's been off the road for a few years now! Done some serious work to it, but need a few grand to finish it, am skint and need to do some work on my flat, so god knows when I'll get it finished!

9. mikedub Forum Junkie

my mate met this girl online and he arranged to meet her in a pub in manchester, he asked me to go along with him so i did, we were stood there in this bar having a pint when this aparently tall blonde, blue eyed, slim, big boobed etc girl walked in who was actually and f**king retarded hippo :lol: :lol:

we just did a runner

10. Finallygotmygti Forum Member

G-Man - first sign is the look, if you catch them looking at you, they're interested.

Go over and chat to them (wingman's a good idea for this one!) - get them to talk about themselves. Women love talking and if you can just let them talk, a) it takes the pressure off you, and b) they think you're a good listener.

Pick up on things they've said and ask them more about it - again this proves you are listening.

Don't immediatly offer to buy them a drink, wait for conversation to flow a bit and then say you're going up to the bar, would she like a drink. If she follows, you're in.

If you like the bird, don't be afraid of asking for her number.

Any use?

11. Aquablue Forum Member

Some girls kind of know when you like them, others can't read the signals! Just get to know them a bit, then if you have an idea that she might like you, either say " do you fancy going out to this or that sometime?" or you could ask one of her mates (& tell her to keep it quiet!) if she knows what she thinks of you?! I'm talking about someone at Uni or whatever that you see around often obviously!

12. G-Man Forum Junkie

:clap: Sounds awesome, and my usual wingman has a good way with the ladies and is normally ace at getting the ball rolling with any group of ladies.

That advice is sound as a pound and seems practicle! Cheers!

13. Finallygotmygti Forum Member

A good wingman's a must. If you feel a lull in the conversation, he's always there to pick up the baton and keep conversation flowing.

He can also be used to separate the wheat from the chaff so to speak.

Trick is to just be confident, if you like a girl and you catch her looking, walk up to her and introduce yourself - it works!

14. stella

stella Forum Junkie

I met my partner online, not on a dating site, just an ordinary chat, where we were arguing politics, I was in the minority and he came in and backed me up. Chatted in both groups and just to each other in friendly manner. It was only when the whole forum met up for a get-together that we met physically and got on like a house on fire.

I think meeting online is better in someways. In a forum like this, say, you get an idea of someone before you meet them. In a dating forum people might be trying to impress and lie about things. But in a general chat forum, they don't need to, so you get an idea of their personality.

15. AxlFoley Forum Junkie

Dude just get it on teh road, it doest matter if its scruffy the women love em!!!

16. DarrenW Forum Junkie

It's true! I got more female attention in the 5 months I had my knackered, rusty Bay Camper on the road than I ever have in the Golf...

17. superden Forum Addict

I`m not sure if thats the car ...

... or the generalised `character` people associate with air-cooled owners.

:)

18. Aquablue Forum Member

Prob is, is that it will a bit of a show car & I want to debut it at a show when it's looking the nuts, especially when I've been doing it for several years & has lots of custom things done to it! It was sprayed a few years back in a special paint & unfortunately a bit around the guttering has blown open, which means that it will have to be cut out! I don't want to really put it all back together, only to have to take it all apart again!

Need to get the paint bit done, bumpers painted, carbs set up, engine running (it's been re-built), the electrics finished (got loads of extra things), get a couple of batteries, get a stereo & sub, door panels done, carpet made & fitted, some more dash gauges & everything put back together. Can't do all that without cash! :(

19. DarrenW Forum Junkie

I think it's more the car really, these days. Kind of cool, quirky and non-threatening/aggressive - you don't look like a spotty hormonal saxo driving teenager... I used to get kids waving to me as I drove through town, women asking me about it when I was filling up with petrol ("ooh cool! It's got a fridge AND A COOKER IN THERE! WHOAH!" :lol: ), people smiling at traffic lights etc etc...

There is a generalised stereotype I suppose, sort of "alternative" lifestyle dope-smoking hippie kind of thing... But I think more these days that it's a kind of non-conformist, life (rather than work) outlook thing.

20. superden Forum Addict

True ... did you say no work ?

Sounds ok to me.

:thumbup: :lol:

Your cooker comment made me laugh out loud ... [:D] :lol: