MegaSquirt/AFR Table/TunerStudio

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by Tomo IOW, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Tomo IOW Forum Member

ok so , my car is running MS1v3 i think ( its been awhile and forgotten the firmware ) . The guro toyotec set it all up so you know its gonna be spot on :) . anyways , for some reason ive developed a misfire,back firing and general bogging down , . now its still on warmup stage and im thinking its the warmup enrichment thats causing this. once hot , i dont see these problems. some times on the warmup , if i reach pass a certain rpm , this missfire goes. i just found out megatune isnt supported anymore, . not a big deal, so i bought tuner studio few days ago. Was having a look at the warm up enrichment, apparently it can auto tune that part . will give that a shot tomorrow . . But having a nose around in tuner studio, i found what i think is my AFR table, shocking to see its all 16.2 , even at 6500 rpm and 250kpa lol. wasnt expecting that , . theres a tool in there to generate an afr table, worth doing ? . i wanted to ve anylise live the ve1 table , as part of this "tune up ", if that was also a problem with fuel bins at certain rpm, but if my afr table is screwed then surly the auto tune feature will just adjust my fuel bins to 16.2 , not good , . long post , confused ? , me to ha ha ,

tom

p.s, im trying to figure out how to upload a picture i captured of my afr table ,

2. Tomo IOW Forum Member

ok so this is my ve1 fuel table, i highlighted a fuel bin around 5500, target afr was 16.0

[​IMG]

i then generated a afr table , based on some estimates , hp -no idea , but i think around 200bhp, the mk2 is far quicker then my mk4 gti,. plus i left for dead my mates mk4 gti ,revo map 1, many years ago. no idea on torgue so imputed some mk4 gti revo 1 torques figures i found from someone ,rev limit is set at 7000, 2litre 9a engine, fuel map tuned to 250 kpa many years ago. not bad afr, what i was thinking they should be at those rpms ?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  3. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

can you save a log and upload that ? Dropbox or somewhere, then post the link.

4. Tomo IOW Forum Member

yeah i can upload a log, but im not 100% my 02 is functional, from tuner studio it was reading random afr's, then go stuck at 7, so i didnt really rely on that , i still need to set that up again as the car has been off road for 9 months,

5. Tomo IOW Forum Member

6. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

I mapped your car open loop, so never tuned or turned on the target tables.

7. Tomo IOW Forum Member

ahh cool, that explains it mate i never really understood closed loop or open, but now that makes sense , im gearing up for a trip over to you for tune ,just gotta get the cash up. but in the meantime , i need to get round this problem , is that AFR table pretty accurate , in the sense its generated . i dont think the fuel table is out, its been fine all these years , but for some reason the last week or so its had this strange miss fire, and i can only assume its the warmup stage . i know miss fires can be caused by ignition, im doubting that , plug fine, leads, magnacore, , and as said earlier , TS has an auto tune for warm up, im gonna give that a try but as long as my AFR are correct or near enough ?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  8. Toyotec

I am sure there is a lot that can be done to a map that was initially generated over 3 hours or so road wise.

The target AFR table looks safe and sensible.

9. Tomo IOW Forum Member

im long over due a map tweek, and as said when you was over here last, the islands roads isnt the idle tuning method, a full dyno tune is what im after , its the next thing im after and i will contact you when i have the funds :)

10. Toyotec

Have you sorted out the wideband input yet?

11. Tomo IOW Forum Member

Not yet mate , today I'm looking into that . It was all working last year but had the dash out so fuel gauges wasn't hooked up , . Sorting the O2 sensor is priority before any fiddling with warmup bins , or tuning :/