megasquirt and dual maps...

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by RyanMac, Jun 9, 2011.

1. RyanMac Forum Member

Hi all

I just have a quick question regarding megasquirt....Is it able to run two maps that can be switched between. Say a tame map and then a lairy map or possibly an N\A map and a charged map....:p

2. Mike_H Forum Addict

I think this is possible with some versions, but it's a matter of a few minutes to plug in a laptop and upload a different map - for example, an MOT friendly map and a TrackDay map, which I have.

If you were switching from charged to NA, then you'd need a lot of other changes which would take longer than uploading a different map.

3. HidRo Forum Member

With MSExtra, you can use 2 maps, based on KPA, which will change from the NA cells, to the turbo cells, or any change you would like.
    You could also do a change based on a switch, and for that read up on the MSExtra documents found under www.msextra.com

4. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

you can switch maps via the 5V signal which will switch Fuel and ignition maps, i useit when the Nitrous is activated.

5. Mike_H Forum Addict

BTW, spend the money on a diff first ;) You'll need all the help you can get dragging that Fat Scirocco round corners.

6. RyanMac Forum Member

instead of a full quaiffe diff I was looking at a peloquin 80% kit as I that's all I will need to beat your rocco round curby mike......;)

7. Mike_H Forum Addict

You'll need to go sub 29 I reckon. Lots of luck. Apart from Pascal's race car, which is a properly sorted motor, I'm not sure if there's been a VR6 under 30 seconds yet... It's a circuit where good turn in helps a lot though... so the VR6s are fooked to start with :lol:

8. lewp91 Forum Member

depends where the vr6 lies in the chassis :p
    if it were behind the driver i think it would be a different story :p

9. Mike_H Forum Addict

Let it lie in the scrapyard where it belongs :lol:

10. danster Forum Addict

Switchable maps is one thing, switchable engine locations takes just a little bit more effort.

Unless MS has really come on in the last year! :lol:

11. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

:lol::lol:

12. lewp91 Forum Member

c'mon guys you know i was referring to the vr6's lack of turn in :p

13. Mike_H Forum Addict

I know... but we like to have our fun [:D] More seriously, sticking a VR6 in the middle of the car would need a good few mods to keep it cool... and they don't like running hot.

14. danster Forum Addict

It is not that the VR engined car suffers from understeer. It actually turns in on a dime. It is actually the weight of the car deforming the earth's crust and altering the adjacent landscape and road surface contours that gives the impression the car is understeering. :lol:

15. lewp91 Forum Member

hahaha love it..

my mate (who got me into VWs) is currently finnishing a Daily driver ABV corrado,looks like a fecking show car, all engine bits are either polished, chrome or sprayed colour coded!

in the future he wants to make a mid engined r32/36 rwd raddo as a track car.

ive seen some similar, namely a mid engined diesel on vortex and to be honest i cant wait to see how it's going to perform!