Megasquirt ms1 extra v2.2 029Y4

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by J.varly, Apr 7, 2024.

1. J.varly New Member

Hello everyone, sorry first of all for my bad translation, thank you, I know that it is a topic that has been discussed a lot in the forum but I have not found anything that has completely resolved my doubt, as it says in the title, it has reached me. I have an extra ms1 v2.2 029y4 that was in the back of a closet and has never worked, and I have a little doubt about what the easiest way to use the spark would be, which is the biggest doubt I have and would need to ask. If I want to continue the path of the engine's original hall sensor, in principle I am going to mount it in 1.8 8v pb with some modifications that it has already made as a learning mode, in the future it will become an abf, thanks in advance I will leave a photo to see if can you help me
    https://ibb.co/HrfxNd9

2. J.varly New Member

I will answer myself and someone correct me if this is not the right way.

MegaSquirt-I PCBv2.2 modifications required:
    Remove D5, D8 and R10. Also remove the jumper between XG1 and XG2.
    Replace D8 with a 1K resistor.
    Run a piece of wire from XG1 to the right hole of D5.
    Run a wire from the bottom hole of R10 to the top of R11.
    Place a 750 ohm resistor at 1K and 1/4 watt from the right side (5v) of R23 to the negative (top) end of D17.
    Run a cable from the negative leg of D17 to X11.
    That's all!