Megasquirt Newbie Questions - All the really dumb ones you were afraid to ask!

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by Mike_H, Apr 27, 2010.

1. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

2. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

I think you'll find you still need to generate files using easytherm to allow program to know what to do with sensor readings. Unless they have changed something.

See here.

Temp sensor setup.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  3. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

I don't think so because i calibrated my IAT sensor through tunerstudio and works fine..

4. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

There must be something wrong with the calibration if its not reading right.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  5. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

Yes i know that's why i'm asking for help :lol:
    I'm waiting for a new sensor 2row to check. I'll keep you posted. thanks for the help so far :thumbup:

6. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Ah just realised you're using ms2 which doesnt use easytherm.

7. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

OK, installed the new sensor and now reads which means that the old one was faulty. I tried bosch default values but is not reading properly and i also tried the values that Trev16v gave me for VDO sensors with no luck. VDO values were: 4700@ -11C, 1070@21C, 130@81C with bias resistor value 820.
    Sensor part no is 049 919 501.

8. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

anyone got the values for this sensor?

9. mk2abf Forum Member

10. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

11. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

Thank you guys but this video does not say which sensor is used. Is this for a VDO sensor with the part no i gave above?

12. emery1990 Forum Member

Where do you take the wideband cables into the car ? The actual sensor to the plug is like 400mm long, so if taking through the bulkhead the data logger ? will be in the engine bay, surely I don't want that? Can I splice onto any switched 12v I find.

No worries, found on their website I have to zip tie the body as far from the exhaust as possible. So through the bulkhead it is.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  13. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Wire it to the FPR supply. It's how the manufacturers do it. Just find a way of keeping it on with ignition so a calibration can be performed. Maybe a switch to earth for calibration only.
    On the mk3 I put the controller on the chassis rail near rear engine mount. Ran cables up around drivers side strut to under scuttle. Got behind dash from there.

14. emery1990 Forum Member

Ok cheers, thats the same feed as I've got for the ms fuel pump wire, heard it doesn't take much juice so should be fine having it connect to the fpr. All the grounds are done and the switch and led. Does the ang 1 wire connect to my 02 sensor wire from the ms loom? The datalogs I get, will they show on tunerstudio, or only the software that came with lc-1. And leave the brown ang two spare.

15. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

You should be using two outputs from your lc1. One for the MS and one for the gauge. You need to set up voltages to be the same 0-5v. 0.5-1.5 lambda using lm programmer. Datalogs will be done in tunerstudio.

The MS only switches on the relay. You need to connect to the output of the relay.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  16. emery1990 Forum Member

OK thanks, I haven't got a gauge. I'll just get someone to drive my car and watch afr's on the screen instead of the gauge.

17. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Don't see the point without a gauge. Can give you an instant view of what fuelling is doing without connecting a laptop. Although its not necessary, but you have paid the majority for the controller and little extra would be for the gauge. If your mapping yourself you can see at an instant what's goin on, rather than guess. Mapping seems to be ongoing sometimes with little tweaks for economy and drivability.

18. emery1990 Forum Member

Erm spose, I can still get one thought. I got told that it can be done easily without one, just use the laptop. But yer would be good to have a gauge in case I spot it going rich or lean at certain revs. Arn't they like 60

19. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Not sure. My kit came with the gauge. That's exactly what it's for. Plus a safety aspect you don't want anything melting.

20. emery1990 Forum Member

Yer seen some for like 70 over here, might try and find it cheaper in usa. Just read one of your post to caister bmx bout who you got yours off and dodging the taxes, rekon he could do the same for me on just a gauge?