Mercedes brass injectors and standard hats ?

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by dub303, Aug 10, 2016.

1. dub303 Forum Member

Following on from this (old) thread:
    http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?246540-16v-KR-Injectors

I am considering trying them (half the price of VW spec ones with hats), but I did start to wonder if the hats/shrouds from the VW spec injectors could be pushed onto the Brass Mercedes spec ones? Mine popped off when removing them and I believe they can just be pushed back on. So will they fit the Mercedes ones? Anyone have them both to try?

They even have the same dimple where the hats go up to:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERCEDES-...308536?hash=item419b798c78:g:VXsAAOSwjVVV2t92

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-M...:MK+II&hash=item2ca5d19796:g:jgUAAOSwSHZWcBQx

2. Ben_s Forum Member

You don't really need the hats. If you fit the Mercedes versions, all you need to do is block off the pipe from the manifold that joins into the crankcase breather. You'll also need to block the hole on the breather pipe or replace it with a length of 19mm silicone hose.

That was the route I took, I used a 32mm-19mm reducer fitted to the outlet on the block, then joined that to the inlet with silicone hose.

Doesn't really answer you question lol but it's a good alternative to buying the vw injectors

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

dub303 likes this.
  3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

feel free to give it a try, but remember you'll need to make sure the plastic inserts and seals for the air shrouding system are all tip top or its pointless putting the effort in swapping them over

4. dub303 Forum Member

Funny you should mention that. I've been looking at them and see there is a seal on the lower one and this is held in place by the upper one that screws in... (correct me if wrong as I haven't removed them yet). 2 of the lower ones spin around, so I think mine need new seals... or should I swap the lot? I have seen metal uppers (original updated I think), and repro plastic lowers. Or should I just get the rubber seals as mine are not cracked.

I'm swinging towards original injectors though...hmm.

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yes you have a square profile rubber seal that fits to the plastic insert, this clips to the bottom of the the brass part then you screw the lot into the inlet. if the square profile seal or the top hat seal is bad you can end up with an air leak which if bad drives up the idle speed a bit. especially so if you dont have the top hats in place and dont block off the nipple :)

dub303 likes this.
  6. dub303 Forum Member

All makes perfect sense. Thank you. Choices choices.