middle box rattles...

Discussion in 'Engines' started by Matt82, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

hi there. i recently had mine decatted and it picked up a rattle/buzz around 2.5krpm.

took it back to the place who did the decat, they checked the heatshields (which i thought it was) but it did not cure the buzz

put it on the ramps with me in the car to rev it, apparently the buzz comes from inside the middle box.

they recon a baffle is loose.

is it worth me getting a new middle box? im tempted to straight pipe it but imagine that that will be so loud lol

remus do a "performance" middle box, is it worth sourcing one of those or will i gain nothing?

what would you do?

cheers punks

2. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

bumpski amigos

3. BIG AL

BIG AL Forum Member

With my decat pipe the exhaust has a rasp at around 2.5k. This is the same with the standard system I originally fitted the decat pipe to, and the full Magnex system I have fitted now.
    I have in fact just taken my de cat pipe off, and put my cat back on. Rasp has gone and exhaust note is so much better. I feel the slight difference the de cat pipe makes is not worth the stupid noise it makes!