Missfiring 8 Valve GTI AGG HELP PLEASE!!!!

Discussion in '8-valve' started by stevegannan, Jan 16, 2010.

1. stevegannan New Member

Hi, Ive recently had to change the ignition coil, HT Leads and dizzy cap as my 1997 8 Valve GTI Mk3 wouldnt start, turned out the igniton coil was the cause but i left the other bits on. 600 ish miles later on and its developed a miss fire, at first i could clear it by WD40 ing the HT leads ontop of the dizzy cap!!! it drove fine for another 350 miles through minus 10 temps upto the scottish highlands and has begun to miss fire again!! The miss fire seems to clear above 2.5k - 3k revs but im not 100% sure how many cylinders are firing as it seems like there is still a lack of power. also above 3k when i put my foot down it judders as if its changing between number of cylinders firing! so since then ive changed the rotor arm and plugs with no change in fault! Im beginning to think more along the lines of lack of fuel/air as when i quickly rev it when idling the excess is popping in the exhaust. any help would be great cheers.