Mk1 1982 GL 'Dink'

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Admin, Jul 20, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Jools Forum Member

loving the wee road trips. quality!. looks its best with the G60 steels.

2. Nicko Forum Member

you've been on some very nice journeys in that
    the ABF sits so well in a mk1

very nice project

3. Admin Guest

I have not updated this thread for a long time, Dink is doing well, she is the daily driver which she handles with ease and fun. She needed a new radiator last year the old one sprunge a leak. Today I have been fitting some more goodies, at the Club RR day yesturday I picked up some poly bushed wishbones and some H&R suspension. I fitted these today, lower ball joints were a pain to get out and where the originals by the looks of things, the rear coilovers only came with one nut for the top and you need two, there are metric fine thread and I could not find any spares, in hast I went to the places (that were open) you would thing would sell them. I could not find any. Back in the man cave I went rummaging and luckily found two nuts that have done the job.

I played with the ride height lots, I set it high-ish and the helper springs were then fully compressed, so i dropped it until the helper springs were fully extended, test driving felt alot better but rubbed when pushing hard on a roundabout. So i went back and raised the fronts a little which seems to have sorted the arch wheel contact. I played around with the camber and tracking but will finally set this up next weekend as I was loosing interest having spent the whole day working on her.

Anyway really happy with the drive it is much better and far less crashy even tho' it is a bit firmer. Thanks to all for the parts :thumbup:

4. James W

James W Motorsport Moderator

I'm glad you didn't sell it, you going to be going to DATP again this year?

5. Admin Guest

Just looking at dates now but hoping we will be able attend this year. :thumbup: Now do we take the MK1 or the MK2?

She is such a lovely little car neither of us could actually come to sell her, she will probably come of the road in the future tho' and be replaced with something newer whilst she is stripped and treated to a full respray. [:D]

6. James W

James W Motorsport Moderator

7. Admin Guest

I think the MK2 will get the run this year, it is her turn and she needs to be taken for a ride - has sat in the garage since Curby! [:$]

Just a couple of picks I found of her recently.

During the winter.

[​IMG]

Doing the everyday duties.

[​IMG]

And her other job or 'test' bed for all new TAC developments.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Admin Guest

you got a thread for the string stuff?

9. Admin Guest

Here John.

10. Admin Guest

Thanks

Greg Ian likes this.
  11. Greg Ian New Member

Hi, I just purchased Dink and she is still running well.

Would love to know if the man who gave her a heart transplant is around? Id like to keep her in good condition for the future and have a few historical build questions