MK1 2000cc 16v ITB's @ Combe 2008 (Bullit)

Discussion in 'The Video Forum' started by Vento Mike, Jun 14, 2009.

1. bullit Forum Member

phew,,,, so maybe i am doing it right....thanks you guys,,, oh and sorry about the camera work,,, it was taken on a mobile phone with someone that had never been out in the car before,,,, sure dose need a camera mount,,, i will see what i can sort out for the weekend,,,,,
    Cheers:thumbup:

2. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Duct tape mobile to the windscreen!!!...Would be good if we could get another video on here mate...just make sure this time you don't spin it, roll it, blow anything up or most of all change gear to quickly!

3. BristolFish

BristolFish Forum Member

I'd call shotgun with a camera, but i've been out in it (on the road), things got awful blurry above certain speeds. ;)

4. steved Forum Member

No problem.

5. pascal77uk Paid Member Paid Member

What times is Malc doing at coombe

6. 16valver Forum Member

:lol:

This mk1 is very quick for sure, but would it storm off into the distance leaving Steved behind? [:s]

Sounds like a challenge!

7. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

not sure around 1:20's sound about right? Time it off the video? A lot of clutter to contend with on that video tho...!

8. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

1:25/6/7 - from pitlane banter in the past.

It's just a proper good track car, and as I'm sure Malcolm will tell us, he simply enjoys using it.

9. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Yeah thats it, enjoys using it for what it is, doesn't use it for competition.

10. madmk4 Forum Member

Looks like the car let go because the car wasn't settled after the gear change and not enough throttle ?

This prognosis was bought to you by keyboard track day hero LTD :lol:

11. bullit Forum Member

i have done a 1:22 on a test day, but average 1:25ish on trackdays,,, the car is good for better,,, i am just am just average driver, at best,,,

12. bullit Forum Member

madmk4, i spun out cos the reversing switch come oudone, and let the g/b oil out and onto the front wheel,,,, = spin out,,, i did drive off from this spin, but think i spun out at quarry,,, if i remember right,,,, i pluged it back up and was out a bit later,,,

13. BristolFish

BristolFish Forum Member

Hello mate, get that camera mount fitted (and past the stewards!)?

14. bullit Forum Member

yes got it past them, but never got it to work, didnt know weather it was on or off,,,, it was off,,, twice,,, mobile phone is just not reliable,,, i need a camera,,, lol

15. BristolFish

BristolFish Forum Member

Well at least the mount worked.
    Clocked a couple of your laps, mid 1.24s to 1.25s as you said.
    Good to catch up, i'll try to get up to the unit at some time. Cheers.