MK1 Caddy 8V with Jenvy ITB

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by Paul V, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Paul V New Member

Hi there after some help please.

We have (me and my son) a MK1 caddy that we (well i am) working on lol

The shell has been sorted, blasted and is in primer ready for the prep and paint, so i am at the mocking up stage IE fitting every thing where it is supposed to be.

Here is a photo
    [​IMG]

Just looking at the fuel system and i need a bit of guidance

The engine is a 2ltr 8V with a cross-flow head and Jenvey throttle bodies. I am trying to sort out the fuel system, running pipe work, placing fuel pressure reg etc.

I am going to run teflon braided fuel hose front to back (flow and return) but not to sure what to do pump wise ?

I think the truck was originally a diesel truck but it was running a 1.8 8V GTI engine when we got it with an external pump and filter bolted under the truck close to the tank. I think it could have been a filter but i have heard the words "accumulator" used but i am not quite sure.

Quite fancy running this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Single-Bosch-044-Fuel-Pump-and-Filter-Assembly-AN-6-AN-8-AN-10-BLACK-/380658236326?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item58a0ffbba6

But would like to know what others have done and some guidance please.

2. jamesa Forum Junkie

3. Peter Jones Forum Member

This is how I plumbed up my Jenveys.

[​IMG]

If your application is street use you'd probably not bother with the the swirl pot setup I used and just run the 044 recirculating back into the main tank.

You can just see the reg, gauge and high pressure filter in this shot, the rest is up under the rear floor.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
    Toyotec and jamesa like this.
  4. Paul V New Member

Thanks for the replys guys, and thanks peter for the drawing makes more sense now. YOu are right i don't think i need a swirl pot as it will be road only. I have dug out the tank tonight and it has got a flow and return fitting already in there.

5. Peter Jones Forum Member

It might be a good idea to run filters before and after the 044 pump.

You can get away with a cheaper low pressure filter prior to the pump just to keep any rusty bits from the tank going through the pump.

On the high pressure side some sort of EFI filter would be the go just to make sure no debris gets into the injectors.

There's lots of fuel continuously circulating so the filters need to be nice big ones.

6. Paul V New Member

Yes i have got a High pressure filter going inline with AN6 fittings, will have a look into "pre pump" filters now, good idea.
    Thanks again