Mk1 GTI ARB ’holes’

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by mk1 driver, Nov 13, 2003.

1. mk1 driver Forum Junkie

Has anyone got a picture of their wishbones with the ARB on?
    So I can check if I can have ARBs fitted to mine (1.3) unless someone knows I cant and I require GTI wishbones, though there is only one listed on ETKA [:s]. I have a hole in the centre of the wishbone (possibly about 12mm?) if that helps, will check in daylight if there is one further back.

Also, with kits like Eibach for ARBs, do they come with the inner and outer brackets, bushes and bolts? or would I need to source/buy them from a GTI?

Many Thanks [:^:].

2. essex_lad Forum Member

Mmmm, as I recall there are a couple of 4mm ish holes in the middle of the wishbone.

There is a 'U' shaped clamp for the end of the ARB Bush that has two studs (one on each end) that go through the wishbone and two nuts and washers are put on and done up from the underneath of the wishbone.

Does that make sense ?

3. mk1 driver Forum Junkie

Yep, that sounds about right. It doesn't look that clear on the diagram I was looking at.

So now I'd hazard a guess I will require GTI wishbones, seeing as though I've got one huge hole in the centre [:^(]. (even though as said above, there is no seperate wishbone listed for a non-GTI spec car [:[])

Ah well, cheers fella :). Any chance of a picture of it all?