Mk1 Octavia VRS ?

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by yamz89, Sep 6, 2010.

1. yamz89 Forum Member

I'm 21, running all the cars at the bottom (near my sig) and i want more affordable power. Been seeing more and more of these Octavia VRS's and i'm falling for them in a big, big way due to the 180 lump, how much they go for and the thought of actually owning new car (will be new compared to what i've ever owned!)

[​IMG]

The next car will be a daily driver and will replace my mint GTi. The Beetle will be for sale soon so it will hopefully just be the Driver as a back up and the VRS (hopefully) as the "daily hack".

The reason for why i'm posting this, was to basically find out from the people that have used / been in one, what they think of it, would they recommend it, are there any real problems with it? etc

Also the other issue is the colour.. They do Red, Black, Silver and the odd one in Yellow

Red - I love but i hear they fade?

Black - Look sharp and classy but get dirty fast

Silver - too common??

Yellow - dont want to look like a complete knob?

Thanks for reading, looking forward to the guidence and reviews ;)

Marc

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  2. nutter4x4 Paid Member Paid Member

no need to get the vrs , look for the 4x4 version skoda elegance, exactly the same engine and turbo mappable over 210bhp good grip off the line, also alot cheaper than the vrs, only difference is the leather interior i`ve seen them for sale on ebay from motors in motion for 300, also can be lowered by 3" using the r32 shocks and springs

3. yamz89 Forum Member

The vrs has the 180 turbo with the VVT, different boost pipe work, ko3s turbo. The elegance doesn't?

I can see the appeal for the haldex drivetrain on these but i didnt really want the 4x4 as clutches are a pain to change. Also i like all the VRS kit, badges, wheels, spoilers, interior etc.

4. turbotommy Forum Member

Does it?
    I thought all the skoda's had k03s fitted :o
    No matter. i quite fancy one of these too,either vrs or a tdi estate for my needs but all seem to be a bargain price for the money (and just a mk4 golf under the skin)
    Leon cupra's are the same (i bought one not long ago) bargain money,although a little smaller inside i think,but still cheap motoring with a higher spec ;)

5. nutter4x4 Paid Member Paid Member

i just sold a 52 plate 4x4 elegance , that went for 1600, it defo had VVT and ko3s, after it was mapped it wiped the floor of my 4mo bora v6 which is also mapped,

6. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

I've had two VRS 1.8T's if i had the choice now i would get the 4x4 1.8T Elegance .

But now i have the Octavia 2 VRS CR170 much better car and in black Estate spec & 52mpg @ 85mph

7. ollieh New Member

I have one lovely cars and a bit of a bargain.

8. Colmgti New Member

Got yhe option of a vrs engine to get bits off, k03s turbo make much difference to a 99 gti??

9. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Richardmk2 swapped from a K03 to K03s on his Mk2, worth a PM to him to ask if it was a worthwhile improvement :thumbup:

10. Prawn Forum Member

Massive difference available from a ko3-ko3S swap.

Straight swap there's little to be gained, but when combined with a remap and additional bolt on parts the difference is vast.

11. slimwadey Paid Member Paid Member

I took a Ko3s off an estate one of these ??

12. EdenGlynn New Member

Thanks for these colors tips, instead of this Black - Look sharp and classy but get dirty fast it's still my first choice for cars.