Mk2 16v kr fuel supply and return

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by BennyC, Mar 15, 2016.

1. BennyC Paid Member Paid Member

Does anybody know what size the ends of the fuel supply and return pipes are?? Mine have rusted at the metering head banjo end m12 I think, but if I could find out what size is needed where they join at back of engine bay, I will get some made up. Hope someone can help otherwise I'm going to have to remove and check!
    Just found part number for one of them 051133723c if that helps.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  2. jamesa Forum Junkie

3. BennyC Paid Member Paid Member

I tried vag cat but couldn't find size.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  4. BennyC Paid Member Paid Member

I know the m12 banjo end but I'm trying to find out the other end and can't find that anywhere. If I begin to remove mine I'll end up breaking it and not be able to drive.

5. jamesa Forum Junkie

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  6. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

Injector lines & 5th injector - M8x1
    WUR return line - M10x1?
    main pump banjo - M12x1.5
    fuel filter input - M14x1.5
    fuel filter output - M12x1.5
    metering head wur line - M12x1.5
    metering head main in/out - M12x1.5
    main fuel lines - M12x1.5
    accumulator output - M14x1.5

7. BennyC Paid Member Paid Member

25 and 23 the fuel feed pipes those are the ones I'm trying to find out. Looking at rubjonny list as well I'm assuming the threaded part is m12x1.5???

8. rubjonny

not 100% but I think you're right, to confirm try to thread the banjo bolt off one of the main lines to metering head into the fittings at the plastic pipe :)

9. BennyC Paid Member Paid Member

Will give it a go just there in a bit of a sorry state jus hope I don't break them. Last time I went near the fuel pipes they split and I ended up having to spend to get back on the road.

10. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Those connections are M12 x 1.5. I know this when converting K jet cars to EFI, using adapters from Think Automotive.

BennyC and jamesa like this.
  11. BennyC Paid Member Paid Member

Nice one means I can get some made up. Then if these do break I'm ok, thanks again guys

12. DuBDuDe Forum Member

Hi mate sorry to resurrect an old thread but i need to get new lines for my mk2 as i mid digi 8v to 16v k-jet conversion. Did you get the lines from pump to metering head made up? If so how long did you get them? and what fitting did you at either end?

Mark

13. rubjonny

If it was me I'd just get a pair of 8v/16v kjet lines, saves a bit of hassle. they're plastic so will usually outlast the car. your old digi lines could be swapped if the kjet guy is going 20v or whatever

otherwise use the old digi lines as a base to copy from, M12x1.5 at the engine bay side. you could have them made all the way to the metering head rather than having a join behind the engine if you wanted, in that case what you could do is tie a bit of stiff copper wire to the metering head and run it back to the pump area then measure to get the lengths you need

14. DuBDuDe Forum Member

Hey, thanks for the info. Been a long time since i've been on here. Just dug the golf out after 7 years of storage and want to get going on it again :)
    I did try the first suggestion before. Bought a supposed set of k-jet lines from someone on here. When they turned up in the post he'd cut them off the pump end so they had no fittings..... :thumbd: lol

I didn't realise they had a join behind the engine. I was going to do exactly what you said and get them made all the way from the pump to the metering head. I take it they only run at the higher pressure from main pump to metering head and i won't need to change the lines in between the lift pump in the tank and main pump? It only gets pressurised at the pump right?

15. rubjonny

aye the 2 lines from the lifter to the main pump are the same as the digi ones, so keep those as they are. its just the feed and return that are different plus the pump itself obv.

In fact the return line isnt pressurised either so you dont need to worry too much about that. an ebay special 7-8mm barbed banjo adaptor on the metering head and a rubber pipe from there to the old digifant return line will do you fine, its the same push fitting at the pump end.

just the feed line you want done proper :)

16. DuBDuDe Forum Member

Thanks for confirming that i was wondering that the other day and had a feeling it was only the feed i needed to change and the return wasn't pressurised. This is getting easier by the day. Only got a million other things to do :thumbup:

17. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

In my case, I was fortunate to already have a 16v and just converted the existing fuel supply to a barbed adaptor.
    The lines from the under car 16v fuel delivery unit to the joint need to be just around 250cm long. I would recommend to also pick this up from think auto along with the fittings and tell them what you are uisng it for.
    You are dealing with fuel pressure at 85+ psi do it right do it once.