Mk2 16v Won't Start.....Metering Head Issue ??

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by Mark_H, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Mark_H Forum Member

Hi,
    I've had a quick look in the forum but could not find any threads....

The car is a J reg 90 spec Mk2 16v.
    The problem I have is that the car turns over and there's a spark but the car won't start.
    I've checked and there's fuel to the metering head and to the cold start and fifth injectors feed and returns.

However, when I crack off the fuel lines to the injectors there is not fuel coming out.....

I wondered if people agreed it's the metering head or if I can try to fix it or just replace it.

Thanks,
    Mark

Paul 16v likes this.
  2. danster Forum Addict

You will need to raise the air metering flap in the metering head to get fuel to flow out the injectors.
    They are guilty of sticking shut if they become oily or sludgy with the engine breather system. If there is gunk on the flap, and it being a cold day today, it may just be making the flap a little sticky.

3. Mark_H Forum Member

Hi ,
    Thanks for the reply. Do I access that. Y removing the plastic intake off the top of the air cleaner

4. danster Forum Addict

You will need to remove the large rubber air duct that attaches to the metering head and connects to the throttle body on the inlet manifold. It is held in place with a jubilee clip around the metering head.
    Once removed you will then see the metering head flap. Be gentle in there and give it a clean. You can lift the flap to simulate air flowing into the engine.
    Do not drop anything down there!

Search K jet injector testing. I am sure there is a useful guide somewhere. :thumbup:

EDIT: http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186269&highlight=injector+flow+test&page=5

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011