!!mk2 20v Help Please!!

Discussion in 'Engines' started by Mk2newbie, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Mk2newbie New Member

Hi guys, Has anyone on the boards done the octavia vrs AUQ with O2J box into a mk2 conversion. My engine and box arrived this morning but im unsure on a few things and was wondering if someone could help. Thanks, ben

2. bens_cab Forum Junkie

you going to be using the standard ecu??

what problems you got if you list them we will try and help

3. Mk2newbie New Member

hi ben , Im using the qpeng harness and ecu.

Questions - Im going to use the o2j box i got with the engine, i know i need to get 100mm flanges, but i have been told i need the gearbox and engine mounts of an o2a passat or corrado to mount it. just wondering if someone could confirm or deny that.

Also the pedal box and clutch system im unsure of, i know i have to change the DBW to cable, just wondering if i should get the qpeng conversion 50 + vat or is there an oem part i can utilise. Any clutch advice would be appreciated as im stuck on that, thanks, ben

4. bens_cab Forum Junkie

any mk2 or corado cable change box mounts i think are ok to use

i think theres a thread on here somewhere about what is needed i think its a passat golf mix on the pedal box side of things dont quote me on that tho have a good search

5. Mk2newbie New Member

thanks for the reply ben, any ideas with regards to the clutch. can i utilise my current mk2 8v cable setup or do i need something else. thanks

6. vwd40 Forum Member

Use engine & gearbox mount brackets from a Corrado G60. You need these as the rear engine mount kicks the engine forward by 10mm which helps the cam cover clear the master cylinder. Golf diesel mounts are ok. I filled the rear engine one with Stickaflex to stiffen it up, also using solid front mount.

As for the clutch I got the pedal box, lines and cylinders from the same Corrado G60. Converted to the hydraulic setup, plush pedal.

7. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

I'm also putting an 02J box in my Mk2.

For clutch, I'm using the standard Mk2 pedal box with the Seat bits to convert it. There is a thread on what is needed, but I can't find it right now.

8. Mk2newbie New Member

hi mate, i would love to keep my mk2 pedal box, if you could find that thread i would relly appreciate it. Are you using the g60 mounts as advised above then?, thanks, ben