mk2 8v heater gets warm at best

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Technical Queries' started by allllec, Nov 1, 2009.

1. allllec Forum Member

And i've already replaced the the bypass valves with some copper pipe but still doesn't seem to be helping. Both sides (feed and return) to the heater matrix are getting up to temperature nicely in the engine bay.

I also cant imagine a heater matrix can just not work? After all essentially its a radiator. Odd one - any ideas?

Ta

Alec

2. pigbladder Forum Addict

maybe the matrix is blocked

3. runes New Member

looking into this also, had my by-pass valve replaced and still no joy. some say the hot/cold diverter flaps have a habit of deteriorating therefore little if no hot air, sounds like it could be worth checking out. dont know if this is a dash out job, any ideas?
    Allllec, would drop the valve back onto yours unless you like scolded feet mate, they were put in for a reason!

4. speedygti8v

speedygti8v Forum Member

theres a plastic gear in the heater box that moves the flap over for hot air thats come off on mine before but that wasn't really the problem when i had this problem on my mk2 it was the matrix blocked i changed the matrix now i've got red hot air within minutes and there was loads of gunk that came out of the matrix

5. allllec Forum Member

Well, sorted it.

Can you guess what the problem with this picture is? [:D]

[​IMG]

Not sure how long this will last but best solution I could come up with this evening:

[​IMG]