Mk2 armrest...

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by B2BTT, Jun 19, 2004.

1. B2BTT Forum Member

Spotted this on Ebay and wondered if anyone actually has one...

Mk2 armrest

Might look quite tidy.

B2....

2. Paradroid Forum Developer Paid Member

I have one sitting in the garage waiting to be fitted..

But as was pointed out in another thread you can get them from the this place cheaper.

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

I like how they all say 'rare' even though 2 more are added to eghey every day. Cheapest I've seen is 60, but 2 were added today for 125!!

4. nez1978 Forum Member

i really do want one of these. Think it would just make a nice addition to my interior. Any body wants to sell one of these pm me. I want one. Didn't even know they made em. Are they a VW part?

5. damogti Forum Junkie

Has anyone fitted one of these yet??? What do they fit like??? Do they look good quality or cheap, nasty crap???

6. Paradroid Forum Developer Paid Member

No. Well no VW markings on them.

7. Paradroid Forum Developer Paid Member

Quality is a bit 'plasticy' if you know what I mean. the arm rest catches are a little on the umm cheap side too.

But saying that when it's fitted I'm guessing it'll not be too bad.

8. damogti Forum Junkie

Oh right, so they arent proper sh1te then........ thats what i thought when i first see one on ebay. I want to get one but disnt want to take the change with the price of them being what it is......

HAve you not fitted yours yet Gav??? I've got e/recaro's in my Mk2, do you reckon one would fit??

9. Paradroid Forum Developer Paid Member

Will be fitting it at the weekend when I get my Rallye seats.

Aparently withthe Recaro interior there's not much room to use the seat back adjustment when it's fitted so they say swap it to the other 'door' side of the seat. Not sure how easy that is though.

Edit: Ah, you have the electric ones, might be ok then.
    Edited by: gbolton

10. damogti Forum Junkie

They are only height adjustable so would still have the problem with the backrest adjustment......

I might get one ande see how much room there is etc......

Cheers mate :)

11. Guests Banned

i have one ill post a picture later

not in anyway worth 80 but it does look cool and i kinda got used to leaning on it.

very plasticy and a total rip off but id still buy it again :lol:[xx(]

it wont fit with recaro's no way. the seat bolsters will squash it. the guy i bought it off sold it coz of this [8(]

12. Guests Banned

oh and the fitting kit is terrible! i fit it using my own methods :lol:

13. nez1978 Forum Member

quality, so both got them from ebay then? I tryed looking to see if there are any more on at the mo and there doesn't seem to be. Gutted, coz i really really really want one.

14. Guests Banned

well i got mine from pvw website but its the same one.

they come up quite a bit so just keep an eye out.

15. damogti Forum Junkie

how much did you pay for your Recardo???

So really i'd have to ditch the recaro's and fit one then?? [:s] [:^(]

16. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

Don't Demon Tweaks do armrests for the MK2? These ebay ones sound like cheap crap to me, anyone tried the one from DT?

17. damogti Forum Junkie

Kamei do one as well but at 180 it is just a tad steep in price [xx(]

18. Guests Banned

i paid 80 but if i had the option of a proper one ie like a mk4 golf id probably pay 180

dont ditch your recaro's for one they really arent that good.

anyway here's what it looks like

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. nez1978 Forum Member

i can't seem to see one on demon tweeks website, u sure u seen some others there. Or are they in the catalogue

20. Valver Forum Member

The Kamei ones pop up on ebay.de occasionally - got mine form there for 35 posted. Paid MJ a tenner to retrim it in black leather as it came covered in white leather!! [xx(]

Search for 'mittelarmlehne'

In fact, there's a Kamei Mk2 one on there now and it's currently 20Euros........good luck!
    HTH