Mk2 CE2 VR6 Conversion

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by ranga, Sep 16, 2017.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

be fine, swap away :)
    though if it was a 1.8 before it will already have a 9" servo only the 1.0-1.6 had the wee 7" ones

ranga likes this.
  2. ranga New Member

Yeah man but it's in awful condition like. Rusted to hell and out of a chassis which has done quarter of a million miles . The fitment on the Passat Servo is diagonal pattern like you said, can I just use the Passat diagonally mounted M/C with the right fitment? It has two outputs and I only need two. I asked at Heritage but nobody really knew if it will work in the MK2 system. My guess is it will because of the two outputs, one on left side, one on bottom. I think it might be slightly larger which means a slightly stiffer pedal but that bothers me none. Sound like a goer chief?

Hope your good my man and enjoying this fine weather! It's about time like!.

Cheers

Keith

3. rubjonny

Yeah you can use the pasat master as well, only thing check the size of the holes for the brake pipes they may be larger size than the MK2 ones so need to redo the ends or get adaptors to suit :)

4. ranga New Member

You're a star john. Cheers chief.

5. ranga New Member

Hey John, got something to run past you if you've the time chief? This master cylinder is proving to be a right chow on, it is diagonally mounted as you said, but I can't find a replacement part anywhere. The numbers VW have given is 358611019D, type that into google and zero comes up. You any ideas mate?

Kind regards

Keith

6. ranga New Member

The piston on this thing is 23.8mm. Larger than standard.

7. rubjonny

358611019B another valid part number, not that it really helps as it still comes up empty on ebay. I even tried the ATE web catalogue as they made it all originally but I got nothing so I cant even get an ATE part number to search for :(

are there any otyher part numbers cast into it? if you can see an ATE number this might help in your search, otherwise maybe sack it all off and go for a std mk2 type servo instead

8. ranga New Member

Looks like I'm buying a new servo then bit of a bollock but never mind

Cheers John