Mk2 Golf AGU 20vT insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by Daniel119, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Daniel119 Forum Member

Hi guys, just wanted to see what other people are paying and what i could expect for my insurance. I will, obviously, get my own quote but for now - How much do you think I am likely to spend?

19 years old
    A class postcode

Currently paying 1500 all mods declared on a Mk2 Golf GTi 8v with 1 years no claims. Third party fire and theft.

How much, do you think I will end up paying for the same car with a AGU 20vT standard engine but with 2 years no claims bonus?

And does anyone know roughly, how much a full non standard respray costs when you declare it to the insurance companies?

Dan :)

2. Mk2Luke16v Forum Member

20vt at 19 years old?! You better have deep pockets for insurance!

Not at all comparable but i'm 27 with 8 years ncb, agreed value, all mods declared, fully comp on a 180bhp AUQ chipped to 230bhp mk2 20vt for c. 600.

I'd never have even contemplated trying to get insured on something like that at 19, I was still running around in 1.1 fiestas then :lol:

3. The_bug Forum Member

Best people to ask would be your insurance company. Usually very helpful at popping power thought bubbles ;).

4. RoryH Forum Member

Dont know about one a MK2 with an engine swap, but im in the same situation as you, got an A class postcode and just got 2 year NCB at 19 and insurance on an Audi S3 (Group 17) with all mods on is 1800 fully comp. So it cant be that much worse than mine.

5. miller 666 New Member

Who are you insured with mate?
    Im 19 in march and My ibiza cupra is 1600 to renew with 2 mods. Trying to save every penny!

6. 3hirty8ight Forum Member

105 Fully copm classic policy on my Scirocco GTX..

3yr NCB and 25 years old.