Mk2 Golf GTi 8v - Donor Car

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by dan_1987, Jan 25, 2008.

1. dan_1987

dan_1987 Forum Member

Right, so after some t*at crashed into my car and the insurance company completely screwing me over, it is time to repair my car. I struggled to find the body panels in my colour (Pearlescent Black) and didn't really want to go down the route of having a spray job.

Luckily this beauty came up for sale on ebay. It was being sold as 'spares or repairs' due to an 'engine knocking' problem, and it needs some welding, but body wise, it was good enough. A few rust spots on the door I needed, but I could always get them sorted at a later date.

[​IMG]

Cost me 150 for the car, and a further 190 to get transported home. So 340 in the end. It's too much and I know it, but it was the right colour and I couldn't say no.

Plans include, replacing the panels of course, but I may source a cheap engine and seeing if I can get the old boy started. A friend of mine should be able to do the welding too.