MK2 Golf GTI sound system overhaul.

Discussion in 'ICE' started by Adam101, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Adam101 New Member

Hey guys im hoping you can help.

The stock system on my GTI is awful, door speakers dont work, dash speakers blown, and rear speakers cant handle anything, also the head unit is very old and dated.

My plan is to replace all of the speakers, get a new head unit and a nice 10inch sub.

Now as the parcel shelf has never been cut I am not going to just wack 6x9's in, I want to replace the speakers with some quality ones which can fit in the OG places but still be able to cover them up with the speaker grills, as I still want the interior to look stock. I am struggling to find decent places to look with competitive prices and I don't really know where to start looking.

My budget is around 350-400 as I do really enjoy my music (rock, Dubstep etc) so I need a decent base set-up.

As I am based in Bristol I know a couple of good audio shops, I can fit the speakers myself but the sub I will probably get someone with some expertise to set it up, I already have an amp I pulled out of my old Beetle before I sold it, which is powerful enough to power the speakers. Do I need to renew the stock wiring to handle the new set-up or is it fine as it is?

Sorry for the long post but I really want to get this right and hopefully you guys can help :)

Thanks
    Adam

Car in question:
    [​IMG]