Mk2 Interior wiring looms?

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by bigfatpixey, Jan 6, 2004.

1. bigfatpixey Forum Member

just a quicky, does anyone know if the wiring loom for the dash(ignition switch,clocks, light switch, heater fan, etc.) of a 89 mk2 16v Golf is the same as the interior wiring loom for a 89 1.6 or 1.3?

i know on the GTi's that there is a light inside of the glove box, that isn't there on the 1.6 and 1.3. also the plug for the MFA wont be there, but i'm pretty sure that that just connects to the plugs on the clocks?

cheers

2. gazman Forum Member

I dont think it is mate. as the gti have a digital dial on it as the 1.6 & 1.3 dont so i think its different. but i would thouhg it would be that hard to put it straight.

3. paulgti16v Forum Member

any the wiring for the fuel pumps wont be there

4. bigfatpixey Forum Member

sorry guys i dont think i explaind too well, i dont need the entire looms, i have the engine looms and the fuel pump loom.

the only part i need is the interior dash wiring loom.

as far as the clocks go it must be the same otherwise you wouldn't be able to put GTi clocks in a 1.3 [:$]

i just wondered if there were any other differences, apart from the mfa. i know the 8v interior loom works with 16v engine looms..

got quoted 120 quid for a 16v interior wiring loom. so i dont recon i'm paying that if the only difference is the mfa ;)

i'm off to the scrapper tommorrow at dinner time to pull one out of a f reg 1.3.

i will put another post up if they are the same. might need some help wiring in the mfa stalk, but that cant be too hard as its only 4 wires [:D]

cheers anyhow..

5. damogti Forum Junkie

Yes, it is the same as far as i know..........

6. bigfatpixey Forum Member

cheer's just been down the local scrapper.

got a full interior wiring loom for 10 quid [:D] there were some little differences but nothing major.

all i need now is some help re-wiring the MFA, shouldn't be hard there's only 6 wires ;)