Mk2 Jetta Coupe

Discussion in 'Jetta/Vento/Bora' started by bones, Apr 27, 2008.

1. bones

bones Paid Member Paid Member

Ive just bought a shell and wondered how many more of these were about and what specific spares are still available. Im collecting it next weekend and mothballing it until my other project is finished. At the least it will be a track car for weekends or I did have this idea............................. ;)
    Pics of any others please

2. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

Asin a 2 door? We didn't get them in the UK, very common in Germany though
    As for spares it's just a Golf with a boot, same as any other Jetta..?

3. bones

Hi Jolfa
    I meant 2 dr mk2 jetta specific spares. I know they arent common and tbh i never thought id ever get one

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  4. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

Such as what? They use the same everything as 3 door MK2 Golfs up to the C pillars, then you can use 4 door Jetta spares from there... [:[]

5. bones

i dont know what as this car is new to me. Just thought it would be a good idea to find out if any trim etc. Obviously the roof liner and roof rubbers but what else?

6. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

I think the rear side windows are unique to the Jetta coupe.

7. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

In terms of spare parts it will be much the same as normal Jetta and Golf in terms of avaliability from VW, most trims and bodywork pieces are slowly becoming obsolete and hard to get due to the age of the cars but most mechanical parts remain avaliable. To be fair anything Jetta coupe specific I'd imagine will be long since obsolete. As I've said general spares are out there easy enough to get. Intresting project you have there, look forward to seeing its progress.

Richard Mk2 likes this.
  8. Mr Big Forum Member

Cool car! I've been trying to find a 2 door jetta for years. One came up cheap a few years ago with a VR6 engine in. Sadly someone got in before me, then I saw it the next year at dubfreeze with a poor paint job and 2k+ price tag. I was gutted.

Considering driving one back from Germany in the summer!

9. NormanCoal Forum Member

you'd be even happier to know that car is longer around, scrapped I believe, if you are talking about the peppermint green one

Thats how I got my one, not hard to find in Holland, Germany or Austria, and not that expensive either

There are a few specifics that are unique to the Coupe, but most of them that spring to mind have already been mentioned I think. If I remember any others I'll post them up

10. bones

cool. Its pretty much as i thought it would be then. Ill see exactly what i have when i pick it up on saturday.

11. bones

well ive managed to salvage enough out of the spares that came with it to pay for the car, trailer hire, petrol and sandwiches
    BONUS- free car!
    The rear windows are differnt but I have a pair + rubbers on route from the US. I have the old roof rubbers, but its basically a shell.
    So what do I do with it??? Rear engined RWD is a tempting option

12. NormanCoal Forum Member

I hope you didnt pay a lot for them from the states, the windows are pretty cheap brand new from VW

13. Dubmuffin Forum Member

I thought the rear windows were same as MK2 Golf 3dr [:s] sure a mate of mine has one of these sitting in his garden because he was going to make it a track car then got bored with it, so its collecting moss

14. NormanCoal Forum Member

jetta coupe rear side windows are defo not the same shape as 3dr Golf rear side windows

15. bones

50 posted with rubbers which i think is fair. Dont know if ill use them but they will be there if i want them