mk2 jetta question!

Discussion in 'Jetta/Vento/Bora' started by Jamie_pyrite, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Jamie_pyrite Forum Member

Hello all, might be getting my hands on a 1.6 TX petrol jetta as a run-around car. It's not taxed and was wondering if anyone knows how much my tax would be?

Got a 1.8 Driver at the moment, is there anything I should look out for on this model jetta or is it just the same?

[​IMG]

2. SimonG Forum Member

Road tax would be the same as your Golf Driver. Both are much of a likeness really except for a larger boot on the Jetta. Is that the Jetta in question, looks shiny alright. I had a Jetta GTI a while back and not much difference between that and my previous golfs.

3. Jamie_pyrite Forum Member

Yeah that's the Jetta :)

That's not good news then, I don't fancy forking out 185/year for this as it's just going to be a cheap runaround to last me between selling the mk2 and going to Uni in sept.

200 for it, no tax or MOT. Needs a new windscreen, which I've been told I can get for 15 and the centre exhaust section is blowing which he said he could weld for me. 70k on the clock too :)

4. paulyDMX Forum Member

Once sunny St Albans, now delightful Deal, Kent
  5. neil kaye Forum Junkie

thats a very nice looking jetta,totaly irrelevant to the tax subject i notice it has bmw wheels,ive been told that these are a 98 pcd and can shake loose eventually,i have a set that i was going to use on my golf but hearing that i oppted out of using them,not sure how true this is but wasnt gunna risk it,other than that nice car

6. Nordoff Forum Junkie

Those are BBS RZ's.
    14"
    100PCD
    I know as I had some on my old golf driver.

7. neil kaye Forum Junkie

i think there the ones i have that i was told not to use i cant find any info on them apart from the offset et24,oh and mine are 15's,ill check later and see if theres anymore i.d on them

8. Aphex Forum Junkie

BM's didn't come with a 98pcd did they? I know alfa's did

9. Steve B Forum Junkie

jamie get on the the jetta owners club www.jettaownersclub.co.uk i think the only differences to note will be the bhp difference.

also depending what reg your golf is it might have different electrics. if yours is pre 1990

they are just a mk2 with a boot so no real differences

10. jayvr6uk Forum Member

There BMW E30 325i sport wheels. Got a set on my golf. ET 24 15x7's 4x100. Nice looking and cheap using them as my winters!

11. Jamie_pyrite Forum Member

Thanks everyone. Joined up on Jetta OC.

Well been to see the car tonight and it's fantastic condition! Couldn't find anything wrong with it. Ran great, started up no problem, no dodgy knocking noises, no rust on the body!

Paying 200 for it. I'm picking up a new windscreen from the scrappies tomorrow for 15, which he is going to fit for me - as well as welding up a hole in the exhaust and is going to take it to get MOT'd for me! So happy as larry really!

I want to do a few things to it but on a budget. Fancy some smaller wheels for it so I can go lower, but don't know what on a budget! Fancy a golf front end too.

12. neil kaye Forum Junkie

cheers guys with the input on the bmw wheels,its made me more determined to find out more and where my mate got this from,sorry for the thread jack good luck with the jetta mate you got a bargain,dont spoil it with a golf front tho:lol:

13. VR666M Forum Member

So how much would my 1983 Golf GX be?