Mk2 rainbow repair

Discussion in 'VW Heritage (formerly Big Boys Toys)' started by Oxb1l, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Oxb1l New Member

Do you have the repair sections for the drivers base bolster foam and material ?

If not do you have any idea where I could buy them ?

Thanks Bill

2. Andy@VWH Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

Hi There,

We sadly can't get hold of the material to do this.. however, I partake in a bit of part time trimming, so might be able to advise.

Your best bet is trying to source a donor seat.. either a passenger seat, or you should be able to use the material from a back seat too (in most cases there is enough - if not, you can join it right at the very front (or rear) and you'll hardly notice it once it has been sewn in.

The foam, again, either source a passenger base - or the damaged foam can be cut out with an electric carving knife - a new block of similar density foam can be stuck in with spray glue - and then sculpt to shape with the carving knife.

If you are close to Sussex and want me to take a look, drop me a PM (If you are in Kent - then My Dad is a Trimmer there I can pass you on his details) failing that contact a local coach trimmer to you and I'm sure they could help out with the foam repairs, and sewing in the new panels for you.

Hope that helps

Andy

3. Oxb1l New Member

Thanks Andy

I'm in Central Scotland :)

Bill

4. Andy@VWH Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

There is always Parcel force if you get super stuck -could work off the foam and seat cover if needs be.

Andy

5. Mike_H Forum Addict

Bill - Get hold of a passenger seat and swap the bits over - they're usually good as new!

6. Oxb1l New Member

Cheers I'll have a look and see what I can find

Bill

7. Oxb1l New Member

Sorted now guys
    Bought a full set of seats so when my car hits the black stuff again the interior should be vgc ;)